A Nightmare Before Christmas
I am trying to put my copy of A Nightmare Before Christmas onto my comp for use in XBMC but I have run into a problem. I think it might be the way that disney format the disc, a new type of copy protection I haven't run across maybe? The movie is broken into multiple tracks when I try to encode with and handbrake, and with dvdsmith. If I just make the movie into 3 .mkvs, its broken into 3 seperate titles, and put them into a single folder would xbmc play that ok? Or could I just leave it as a .vob? Any tips for someone who has experience would be appreciated, Thanks
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File_Stacking
If you name them as A Nightmare Before Christmas.cd1.mkv, A Nightmare Before Christmas.cd2.mkv, etc
then xbmc will stack the 3 movie files as one library entry and automatically play them back-to-back-to-back.
Thanks I'll give this a try. Is this a common problem? I've never run into while encoding my dvd library, just curious.
Disney is notorious for doing tricks like this to fight DVD ripping software. I remember UP! was encoded all funky like that and required an update to my DVD ripping program. Make sure Dvdsmith is up to date, or try another ripper, if the above solution doesn't work out for you or you really want to have just one file for the movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Nightmare Before Christmas0