How to map favourites in harmony
Hello,

i am still a newbie and need little bit help I am using a harmony remote and I am trying to program abutto on harmony such that by pressing the button it goes straight to my xbmc favourites , I am usimg atv2 and build xbmx build on atv2 on july 2011..

Can somebody help please. with how to edit the xml files thx

secondly also when I am watching a movie and press the numeric buttons on harmony nothing happens...thx
I can help. But need more info.

What button on the Harmony are you trying to map?

What profile did you set your Harmony as? Apple TV?

The numeric buttons on the remote isn't recognized by the ATV2 at this time.
+1 for the ability to do this!
Hello,

I have set my apple tv as apple tv on my harmony remote software, what I want to do is the following..

1. map f3 function as favourites such that whe I press f3 on my harmony it would take me to my favourite son apple tv2 xbmc..

2. also on my other atv2 would like to map the button say menu to favourites,...thx
is it possible that we can set up a button so no matter which menu your in it goes to tv shows and one for movies, not bothered what buttons just need to know if the funbction is aviable
I think there are currently only 8 or so functions the Harmony can access right now via the ATV2. You can remap them and such, but total there will only be 8. At least until someone figures out how to access more.
elmo1855, I have that done on my harmony remote but you can't just do this from Harmony software. You will have to modify the keymap.xml file on XBMC side to map one of the unused buttons to take you to Favorites. Search for "xbmc keymap.xml" for more info. There's also this link that walks you through making a similar change.
Thanks alot for all your help, what I also wanted to do is skip to a particular time line in a movie using like numbers says 00:10:00 to go to 10 minutes on the movie directly however when I click 001000 enter onmy harmony nothings happens how to map these buttons Huhthx for you help..
elmo1855 Wrote:Thanks alot for all your help, what I also wanted to do is skip to a particular time line in a movie using like numbers says 00:10:00 to go to 10 minutes on the movie directly however when I click 001000 enter onmy harmony nothings happens how to map these buttons Huhthx for you help..

Tough luck there, first - I don't think XBMC supports that kind of seeking and second - the harmony remote only has (I believe) 4 unused buttons/functions for Apple TV that can be remapped using keyboard.xml. You are not going to be able to support all 10 digits with that.
I m sorry for the trouble but I am completely new at this could you please be kind enough to explain to me step by step how to map at least these 4 buttons ??

I tried to read the posts and went to xbmc.frapliance and keymaps I see all kind of keymaps this is what i see so many keymaps some are apple joystick some are as follows.

joystick.harmony
remote.xml
joystick.appleremote.xml
keyboard.xml

totally confused about this 4 particular keymaps can u kindly explain me how to map these 4 buttons in some details if possible..thank you very much take care..
I followed the instructions of this post and worked perfectly with my Harmony One:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55660

The unique file I needed to download/change was the keymap.xml that is specified in this post.
The "favorites" is one of the buttons implemented in that post.
ImageImage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to map favourites in harmony0