• 8(current)
ATV2, iOS 4.4.1, XBMC Update
Unless you must have ipad2 mirroring, why bother.
I was getting XBMC crashes related to memory issues, which Memphiz told me is iOS related. Figured I could try iOS 5 to see if that cleaned up the issue at all.
Sarlic Wrote:I was getting XBMC crashes related to memory issues, which Memphiz told me is iOS related. Figured I could try iOS 5 to see if that cleaned up the issue at all.

Nope i said something like "It might be an issue with the jailbreak" ... this shouldn't be a fact. We aren't sure ... just for clarification...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
shepworth Wrote:you're talking about airplay streaming to the ATV2 aren't you?

That's not really the same as a feature of the box and saying you can get the free to air channels on it, unless I'm missing something?

Yea I have several apps which I can watch all the UK TV channels on (not cable or sky though unless their apps can be done) using my iPhone 4s or iPad 2. It is a feature of the box because it is there by default on the new FW which gets upgraded over the air, and most iOS devices can now use iOS5 too so I would say it is a standard feature, unless of course you don't own one of the devices required..

Thanks
I'm clearly being pedantic but the feature of the box is airplay video streaming, NOT being able to get free to air TV channels out of the box.

Saying otherwise is just confusing
Sarlic Wrote:Worth deleting the post to avoid confusion?

I've been thinking about trying iOS 5 but I'm not all that excited to deal with a tethered jailbreak.

Agreed and done.

A few notes on the topic:
- tethered jailbreaks are a drag unless they really get you a feature you need and ATV 4.4.2 is still tethered
- official jailbreak FAQ is here, suggestions are welcome
- that post you were referring had some incorrect/redundant/confusing instructions and it wasn't in the Off-Topic forum so I deleted it
Ned Scott Wrote:gironimo, your how-to won't work because it's missing the initial Cydia/repo install that will install any XBMC dependancies. With Seas0nPass fixed, the wiki instructions are all that one needs (and it is a wiki, so feel free to contribute and make changes there).

Good point... best not to reinvent the wheel... let's try to keep to 1 source for the instructions.

Anyone that says they had to write a new instructions because they're all over the place should be starting with Ned's sticky thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111197
nickc25 Wrote:Are you in the UK? It only works if you are. U also need an iPad or iPhone too.

Ahh - I don't have either of those.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2, iOS 4.4.1, XBMC Update0