To A4-3400 and A6-3500 owner
Are you able to play 1080p files without hardware acceleration?

This would ease my purse if that's the case... Smile
im pretty sure the A6-3500 can....
As a reference for others, I got confirmation from an actual owner of a A4-3400 that he is able to play bluray rips in XBMC without the hardware acceleration. I guess I'll save 20$ and go with the A4-3400!

Is it powerful enough to play some emulators like PS2?
i didn't test this, but what is the benefit of "not using hardware acceleration" ?
Unfortunately at work for another 12 hours, will test them again when i get home tonight and report back.

From what I can remember, compressed bluray iso (~ 8-9Gb) played without hardware acceleration fine with internal XBMC player (nightly). For some reason, my 1:1 bluray iso (used AnyDVD HD to rip to iso format), wouldn't play with internal XBMC player. I had to set XBMC to launch TMT5 to play those back. TMT5 played those fine, but I couldn't remember wether TMT 5 had hardware acceleration on in its own setting or not.
mystefix Wrote:i didn't test this, but what is the benefit of "not using hardware acceleration" ?

He wants to run Linux, where there is no working GPU acceleration for the Fusion platform at this time.
mystefix Wrote:i didn't test this, but what is the benefit of "not using hardware acceleration" ?

Yes, as voip-nonja said.

I don't want to buy a Windows license just to run XBMC (heck, I don't even run Windows for 95% of my work related tasks). And I've read that some people still have problem with hardware acceleration with Fusion platform and Linux. So, if I am able to play 1080p files without HW accelelartion, I'll soon buy the A4-3400! Smile

That pyrospawn can play 8GB 1080p files is a good news! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
To A4-3400 and A6-3500 owner0