update xbmc on 4.1.1
I have an atv2 on software 4.1.1 and have an old xbmc pre 10.0 git 4b032be (feb 19 2011) on it. I wanted to update to the latest nightly build.

Since Im on 4.1.1 will the nightly build work ok or does the appletv software version not matter at all (unless its for a jailbreak).

I installed xbmc thru nitotv and was going to follow the Installing the latest nightly build on the wiki.

If I do an update will I lose my xbmc preferences?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
You will not lose anthing you have set up or added to your library by updating.

The best way to do updates is using the script here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108142

or you can follow the link in my sig.
awesome. using the script!
I updated to todays build and now my sources are not connecting to my smb shares. I try to go and edit the source and I get a pop up that says lock settings and it asks me for my user name, password and then rememver this path.

I never had to do this before and I dont think I have a password set up for my smb shares. How can I disable this?

Thanks
Have you got windows live sign in assistant installed on the file server?
If so, uninstall it.

Other than that you could try rebooting everything.
weird. I installed the nightly build on Oct 11 which I had on my other atv2 and I got the same xbmc lock settings popup under edit source. I didnt put in a password and hit the remember this path and hit ok and it found all my paths.

Also another weird thing is that I cant get into the skin settings for some reason. Is this a bug?
I had never heard of the settings lock thing until you mentioned it. You need to post a logfile.
What skin are you running?
Try removing/renaming your guisettings.xml and see what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
update xbmc on 4.1.10