OpenMediaVault (NAS solution) has been released
This may not be the right area to post this, however it seems like the most relevant. For anyone looking to move away from FreeNAS or looking at a linux based NAS solution, open media vault has finally been released.

http://blog.openmediavault.org

I've played around with it in a virtual machine and currently converting over a RAID array, it's the easiest to manage solution I've seen anywhere so far. Obviously not mature yet, but there is plenty of functionality and getting all the usual tools like sickbeard, sabnzbd, couchpotato, headphones up and running... Took me a total of about 15 minutes.

Plugins wise it currently has support for AFP, DAAPD and Transmission. Out of the box it supports set up of raid 0 and raid 5 with growing, disk management, ssh, user creation, SMBD/CIFS and NFS. Also has an update manager using deb packaging.

Pretty impressed with it so far and its good to see a decent non-bsd NAS solution
Been running it for a few weeks now. Its pretty slick. It takes some getting used to. Documentation is currently being written. Community plugins are nice. Everything works as advertised. SMB, NFS, SSH, RAID, rebuilding failed raid ...etc.

Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd all work great with a few tweaks all start at boot up.

Its pretty seamless. Highly recommended.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenMediaVault (NAS solution) has been released0