[Tool, Windows] eXtrafanart Folder n JPGs Creator From Backdrop JPGs
Hi,
I have created a simple tool to create ntfs hard links or copy existing backdrop jpgs (backdrop.jpg, backdrop1.jpg,backdrop2.jpg,......) to 'extrafanart' folder inside the movie folder itself for those xbmc skins which support multiple fanart.

eXtrafanartCreator Version: 1.1
Date: November 2011
OS: For NTFS partitions on Windows XP , Windows Vista, Windows 7. [ Note: Run the exe with administrator rights ]

----------------
What does it do?
----------------
It scans for existing backdrop*.jpg files (specifically) from the folder specified and creates hard link (or copies) them to extrafanart directory (will be created with hidden attributes, if it does not exist).
Hence, .\..\backdrop.jpg => .\..\extrafanart\fanart.jpg
.\..\backdrop1.jpg => .\..\extrafanart\fanart1.jpg and so on.
Thus the created fanart jpgs can be used in conjunction with skins supporting extrafanart for XBMC. The backdrop jpgs were downloaded via Media Center Master.

Side note: Hard links are different file references to the same data, hence file size will be shown of the file data but actually does not consume extra space.

------------------
Options in the GUI
------------------
Button: 'Select Movie Directory' => Opens windows standard 'Browse for folder' dialog to select the starting directory.
Text Area: Displays current selected directory.
Radio Button: 'Create NTFS Hardlinks' => To create NTFS file hard links.
Radio Button: 'Create Files' => To create copies of backdrop jpgs renamed to fanart jpgs.
Checkbox: 'Delete Existing fanart*.jpg Before Creating' => Deletes existing fanart*.jpg (corresponding to backdrop*.jpg) inside extrafanart directory before creating. Existing fanart folders or fanart jpgs will not be modified otherwise.
Checkbox: 'Scan Inside Directory Shortcuts' => If the selected directory has any shortcuts to other folders, then those folders will be scanned too, if the option is checked.
Checkbox: 'Scan Inside Sub-Directories' => Use for recursive scanning.
Button: 'Start' => To start creating.

Tip: Create shortcuts to all the main movie folders in a separate folder (say where eXtrafanartCreator.exe is in) and use it as a starting point.

XBMC Skins Tested => Rapier v4.0.0 RC, cirrus extended v2.06.

----------
Change Log
----------

------------------------
1.1 - November 2011
- Changed to Create Hard Links.
- Added option to delete existing fanart*.jpg files and then create new files.
- Directory path of eXtrafanartCreator.exe is selected by default.
- Directory path can be entered manually while browsing for folder.
- Show more details in status bar.

------------------------
1.0 - October 2011
- Initial Release.

--------------------------------------------
Copyright: © 2011 MaKS
eXtrafanartCreator is free for personal use.
No modifications permitted.
--------------------------------------------

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?hg4afdrhsxagsd4

P.S: This is an external app.
Enjoy,
MaKS
maks Wrote:Hi,
I have created a simple tool to copy existing backdrop jpgs (backdrop.jpg, backdrop1.jpg,backdrop2.jpg,......) to 'extrafanart' folder inside the movie folder itself for those xbmc skins which support multiple fanart.
Enjoy,
MaKS

Thanks for sharing Smile
However we have made an add-on that has a GUI with some adjustable limits and it downloads all available fanart which is available from themoviedb and thetvdb and puts it in an extrafanart folder.
This is also multiplatform and can be used from within xbmc for Dharma and Eden.
See my signature.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Thanks for sharing Smile
However we have made an add-on that has a GUI with some adjustable limits and it downloads all available fanart which is available from themoviedb and thetvdb and puts it in an extrafanart folder.
This is also multiplatform and can be used from within xbmc for Dharma and Eden.
See my signature.

This is not for downloading fanart jpgs, but to copy and rename from existing backdrop jpgs (as mentioned). I use media center master for collecting metadata and already had hundreds of folders with existing metadata. I hope it will be helpful for others who already have lots of backdrops jpgs in their folders and who wish to avoid re-downloading.

Will definitely try out your app as well.
Thanks.
maks Wrote:This is not for downloading fanart jpgs but to copy and rename from existing backdrop jpgs. Since i use media center master for collecting metadata, i hope it will be helpful for others who already have lots of backdrops in their folders.

Will definitely try out your app as well.
Thanks.

Isn't it posible to put them directly in that folder using mediamanager? I know that Ember can do this. Anyway hopefuly users will benifit from your tool Smile

The renaming isn't realy neccasary as skins use multi image for extrafanart so any name is posible as long it's a recognized image type.
Well our downloading takes a little longer than a few minutes depending on the amount ofcourse. Let us know what you think of it Smile
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Isn't it posible to put them directly in that folder using mediamanager? I know that Ember can do this. Anyway hopefuly users will benifit from your tool Smile

The renaming isn't realy neccasary as skins use multi image for extrafanart so any name is posible as long it's a recognized image type.
Well our downloading takes a little longer than a few minutes depending on the amount ofcourse. Let us know what you think of it Smile

I read http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Extra_Fanart and tried to duplicate the given structure.

And do not compare this with your app. Read the info posted.
Absolute no problem with that.
It gives some nicer folder structure Smile

We leave it as is when downloaded so it's much easier to check if you already have that fanart.
New Version with GUI and more options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Tool, Windows] eXtrafanart Folder n JPGs Creator From Backdrop JPGs0