Internet Connection Issues
Let me apologize from the get go if there is already a thread dealing with this issue. I spent three hours last night and a couple more this morning trying to find an answer but with no luck. This is my first attempt at running XBMC so please be kind.

Quick background. I jail broke my AT2 with success - I am able to stream from PC running Vista with some success (buffering issues but I can figure that out) - What is not working is my internet connection. I am at a complete loss as to what to do.

When I head to the internet connection screen it offers me several options and I just can't seem to figure it out. i.e.

-Use an HTTP proxy server to access the internet
-Server
-Port
-Username
-Password

Again forgive me if this is a daft question but I am lost. AT2 is connected to my computer because it is streaming media. So obviously it is not connected to the internet (I know this because time is wrong, weather reports not appearing, nor is any other file information (posters, etc).

Should I be using HTTP proxy server? If yes than what server is it referring to? What username?

Thanks for any help. Even a link to an explanation would be great.

C
Actual internet connection settings are all done in the native ATV2 interface. What you see in XBMC is internet-related settings.

Here's what I would do. First, are you using the latest nightly build? If not, update to it: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...htly_build

If you still have problems then exit out of XBMC and try something in the native ATV2 interface, like play a movie trailer. This will let us know if the problem is specific to XBMC.

If the movie trailer works then we'll need a debug log from XBMC: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...og_for_iOS

If the movie trailer doesn't work then there's something going on with your network. Is the ATV2 connected to a router or is it networked directly to your PC?
Thanks for the reply.

I do have the most recent nightly build. I was able to run netflix this morning from the ATV2 interface so connected on that side.

I will run a log when I get home from work and post it (assuming i can figure out how to do that)

ATV2 is connected to a router.

Thanks

Any other ideas in the meantime would be great.

C
Just had a thought. If I choose to, could I enter the information it is requesting and not worry about the automatic detection?
themagicrat Wrote:Just had a thought. If I choose to, could I enter the information it is requesting and not worry about the automatic detection?

Like the IP address and all that of your network share? Yeah. Sometimes the various share browsers don't always detect what's available, so trying it manually is necessary. Also sometimes things show up in Zeroconf but don't show up in their normal browser, like SMB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Connection Issues0