[ATV2] Crash at Pictures
Sad 
Hi there!

My XBMC is crashing when i try to open pictures from my Sony Alpha 700. Thumnails are created but when i want to see a picture fullscreen XBMC crashes and returns to frontrow. Pictures from my casio (compact) camera on the same share do work normally...

Im using XBMC on
- Seas0npass jailbroken
- AppleTV 2 with
- iOS 4.3 (2557) - according to the "About" menu in frontrow
- XBMC is version is a nightly build from Sep 25 2011 (Git:20110924-0074b5e)
- installed with "dpkg -i" and manually (wget) downloading the .deb file
- pictures are on a Windows Homer Server 2011 share (SMB)
- network is ok: video-playback or pictures from other cameras work normally
- xbmc-user has only read-rights to pictures-folder but write-rights to the thumbnails-folder

I can't use newer nightlies because of another error (something like "Error 2: Source not available" immediately when I try to browse SMB/add sources).

Debug-Log: http://pastebin.com/thud4731
Crashreport: http://pastebin.com/JkB7Kh0J
One of the pictures: http://ul.to/jojwuu8n
http://redlinger.at/temp/

Hope that helps - let me know if you need further information.

Thanks in advance,
Lukas
thx for the report ... i've tested your picture with a 2 day old version of XBMC. It doesn't crash here. Could you update to a more recent nightly build?

End of september might be the time where we fiddled with jpeg decoding ... could be you grabbed a nightly build with issues in that sector then Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Lightbulb 
Memphiz Wrote:thx for the report ... i've tested your picture with a 2 day old version of XBMC. It doesn't crash here. Could you update to a more recent nightly build?

Could you please try the pic again? I edited the link to it because I think the previous hoster might have changed EXIF-Tags etc...
Now I uploaded a .zip which should prevent the picture from changes Smile

If it works again without crashing I'll upgrade my XBMC to a newer nightly. Might lead to another bug report if the SMB issue is not fixed already... Wink

Thanks so far!
can't download ... stupid hosters ... where is the good old webspace with direct links which even works on an ipad *sigh*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
No crash ... tested with the zipped image again ...
Memphiz Wrote:No crash ... tested with the zipped image again ...

Thanks for testing - so it's my turn again. I will update to a newer nightly as soon as possible.

PS: I can always restore my actual status as long as I backup my userdata-folder and the actual .deb, am I right?
mcluki99 Wrote:Thanks for testing - so it's my turn again. I will update to a newer nightly as soon as possible.

PS: I can always restore my actual status as long as I backup my userdata-folder and the actual .deb, am I right?

correct - as long as you don't use a central mysql database ... then you would have to make a backup from the database aswell ...
Similar problem
Upgraded from a june build which had music crashing but photos ok to oct23 2011 build which has videos and music ok but photos crashing.

Any help much appreciated
Provide a logfile or it didn't happen. The only information you have given is that it is 'crashing', and I don't think you have even used the correct word for that.
mudge00 Wrote:Similar problem
Upgraded from a june build which had music crashing but photos ok to oct23 2011 build which has videos and music ok but photos crashing.

Any help much appreciated

Need the image + crashlog + syslog + xbmc.log (see the first link in my sig)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Crash at Pictures0