help with apple tv 1
I just got an apple tv that im going to give as a gift. I want to load up a bunch of movies on it and play them with xbmc.

I figured out how to get xbmc on it and that is working great. Now how do I copy movies over to the hard drive? I dont use itunes at all. I just want to copy them over.

Im sure this is something easy but I cant seem to find it after searching around
thanks in advance!
For Apple TV 1 (Silver) you will want the Mac OS X specific support forum. I've already moved this thread there.

You've got a few options when it comes to playing things on your ATV1. You can copy things over to the internal hard drive, you can play them over a local network, or you can use plug-ins that stream content over the internet. You can also plug in a USB hard drive into the ATV1 and use that as well (you can even get a USB hub and plug in a bunch of hard drives).

One way to transfer files over to the internal hard drive would be to use an SFTP client (not to be confused with FTP, though I do believe you can use FTP as well). Grab a copy of Cyberduck or Filezilla for your computer and select SFTP + the IP address of the ATV1 on your network. If you don't know this you can find it in the settings in the native ATV1 interface or in the settings of XBMC, or your router's settings. The username and password will both be "frontrow" (without quotes). Make a folder somewhere called "Movies" or whatever. This will give you a nice GUI that you can use to drag and drop files over.

If you want to share your files with more than one XBMC "box", like your computer and the ATV1, you can also use network file sharing. Most people will use SMB, which is what Windows uses to share files. Search around the forums or even youtube for some great tutorials on setting up SMB with XBMC.
This worked great! Thanks for helping!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with apple tv 10