Latest Nightlies and SQL Database
Hi everyone:

Just updated to the latest nightly and get a lot of database errors in my log -- has the database been updated? Do I need to completely wipe my XBMC_Video SQL database and start from scratch?

Aside from the changelogs on the FAQ, is there any thread anywhere on this forum that warns of these types of changes? Was completely unprepared!
Hi Sarlic.

No, there should be no need to rebuild you database. I have had no issues with moving between the latest nightly (20111018-832ca62) and the slightly older 20111015-7163d78. My MYSQL database has remained happily intact.

Details of the changes being applied to each nightly build can be found in the commit history (found here).

It’s worth noting that installation of the daily builds is not without risk. It’s a credit to the XBMC Dev’s that the daily’s are so stable, however many code changes are applied by the group of Devs which, as with all coding, can have unexpected consequences.

If you’re not willing to experience an unexpected hiccup from time to time, my suggestion would be to remain a week or so behind the latest release and watch the forums for issues…

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Nightlies and SQL Database0