Weather Channel APi change
PatrickBateman Wrote:@spiff

Is there any indication as to when this will be removed from xbmc or in the mean time is there any known workaround to allow users to disable the weather from sending requests as it's currently searching for requests causing "busy" to appear and those requests are obviously using the old non Functioning Api.

Because of this network activity I receive a small but annoying amount of slowdown when navigating the home screen.

Are there any work arounds I could use form the time being..

If this is a skin related issue, just ignore this as I have also posted a request in the skin thread regarding removal of weather too.

Thanks in advance,

Win7
Xbmc pre Eden nighties 5th nov
Default weather plugin

Credit to ReducedToZero for finding this.

The quick fix is to modify the relevant bit of guisettings.xml to look like

Code:
Code:
<weather>
        <areacode1></areacode1>
        <areacode2></areacode2>
        <areacode3></areacode3>
        <currentlocation></currentlocation>
        <script></script>
        <scriptsettings></scriptsettings>
    </weather>

Just open up guisettings.xml, search for "<weather>" and erase the info that's in there to make it look like the above.

Basically you're removing the settings for the built-in weather app which should cause XBMC from looking up the info.

Being the Dev forum, probably not the best place to post "how-to's", but thought people will be looking here quite a bit for an answer to that question. Apologies if it's out of place.
let me know yall once we get the weather back and fully workin with weather plus addon, cause atm i only get complete weather forecast with the 7 day option -.-'

and sometimes the temperatures arent correct -.-'
530 (PR)

changes needed to current add-ons;

there's no internal area codes any longer - it's all up to the addon.

this means
1) it has to set the property 'Locations' to the number of configured locations.
2) it has to always set all locations as properties 'Location1' 'Location2' 'Location3' etc.

this also taps into the current localization stuff for weather. this means that your strings should be according to id's 11-17, 71-89, 370-395, 1396-1450

temperatures need to be returned in celsius, as a straight number

new info label: current.winddirection. thus, current.wind should be a straight number in kmh, and winddirection 'N/S/E/W/SW/etc'.

change in parameters: instead of passing in the area code as argv[1] in the addon, it now only passes a number, e.g. '2'. this means the second location.

accuweather 503'd my ass after some dev'ing so i couldn't test it with a "real" add-on, just my script.weatherminus hack Wink
Excellent work Spiff! We should hopefully see an increase in weather-type addons. Thank a lot mate. Smile
i sure hope somebody releases an killer weather addon , i want weather back !!! -.-'

they really fd up with the move they made -.-'
ffs. if you're only gonna whine, do that elsewhere.
hentai23 Wrote:i sure hope somebody releases an killer weather addon , i want weather back !!! -.-'

they really fd up with the move they made -.-'

spiff Wrote:ffs. if you're only gonna whine, do that elsewhere.

@hentai23

In addition it would be also very very nice and kind if you were respecting all others with well articulated sentences while using correct punctuations, capaital letters, etc. Please leave this new age nonsense somewhere else too. This is getting boring.
new age? xD

whatever you sez boss xD

p.s: im not whining -.-', i just would like my weather back , it seems some people dont care -.-'

btw well articulated sentences , capital letters .......correct punctuations...oh noes!!! xD...hell i dont even remember how i did that back then , the webz messed up my grammar , but its still readable xD, ive seen worse ...wayyyy worse xD

this is me showing respect

hell watcha expect from a pirate yarrr xD
hentai23 Wrote:p.s: im not whining -.-', i just would like my weather back , it seems some people dont care -.-'

Might be that you're not whining, but this is dev-section...didn't see you contributing anything...

Nevermind...let's have the devs do their work and stop spamming around here...

cheers,
mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
ohh no problem please do , was just makin suggestions thats all , peace and keep up the awesome work yall
this is now in git master.

compatibility with old add-ons is broken, but not fundamentally broken. there's some small changes needed, i'll update the wiki shortly.

edit: there's no wiki page, feel free to write one.

this completes my useless work on this matter. thanks commenters on xbmc.org for making it oh so fun to do all this crap for you guys!
spiff Wrote:this is now in git master.
this completes my useless work on this matter. thanks commenters on xbmc.org for making it oh so fun to do all this crap for you guys!

Spiff.....your work is very much appreciated.....thanks!
Aenima99x Wrote:Spiff.....your work is very much appreciated.....thanks!

+1 Thanks Spiff.

I'm sure people forget XBMC is FREE and all the dev's give up thier time and talents for naff all money.

As the saying goes - "don't let the B*****ds grind you down".
Thanks Spiff for sorting this out. Far from useless I assure you and very much appreciated by many I'm sure.

P.S. Just add Hentai to the ignore list (like many have). I find that if he can't bother to articulate his thoughts because the internet has fried his brain, then I can't be bothered to read his nonsense posts.
Thanks +1 - Waiting for new Windows build.
Quote:As the saying goes - "don't let the B*****ds grind you down".

Loose translation = Noli illegitimi carborundum
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Channel APi change0