• 7(current)
Release Aerith
I installed it by unzipping the folder & copied it to the addons folder now Smile
Looks pretty awesome so far, keep on the good work!!

Here some feedback:
-> On my 720p TV everything is a bit small. On the upper half, when you don't listen to music, there is much unused space, because it's just grey.
-> The ribbon looks good, but is too small. It's really hard to read, because the text is too little. And maybe the text should be horizontal instead of vertical (this would improve reading)

Thank you for this skin!! I <3 it Smile
@hoopsdavis
The next release (beta) will be Gotham compatible. It should be available sometime within the next month, this kinda depends on how much feedback and bug reports I get.

@-blue7
Yeah, I was afraid they might be too small. However I haven't come up with a solution I like yet. As for your suggestions:

-> Enlarging the top area and pushing everything down.
This would be my favorable solution right now, however it would seriously change the look and feel of the skin as the proportions and points of separation of the 3 areas would change significantly. I initially made the bottom area bigger because it's supposed to hold all information. Currently it can display "now playing" information, player controls, the busy dialog, the volume slider/mute icon and also has room for notifications. That way whatever you're doing you know exactly where to find it. I'm not sure if I want to make this trade off. I guess it depends on how many people would like this setup better.

-> Horizontal ribbons
Probably the better solution as it leaves the rest of the skin unchanged. I already tried this, but it looked awful which is why I prefer your first suggestion even though it means a lot more trouble.
Too bad it's Frodo-only, guess I'll have to wait a bit more Smile
(2014-03-24, 13:33)mikkelnl Wrote: Too bad it's Frodo-only, guess I'll have to wait a bit more Smile

yeah me too i am running gotham now damm il go to my corner and wait dont yell
Why are so many people running Gotham already? I expected the majority to be on Frodo to be honest. Basic Gotham compatibility should be easy enough to achieve tough if that's enough to get you guys into testing. However don't expect any new Gotham features to be implemented.
I am running Gotham beta 2 currently, the skin works fine with just unzipping to the add-on folder for me. I love the style and design of the skin. I see that your heading in the direction of utilizing the lower half of the screen eventually. I am for larger ribbons as well. Will the poster view eventually have the plot description in the lower half of the screen like Metropolis does? Can the posters be larger? And I was also wondering if logo's are in your design plans? Great work so far!!
(2014-03-24, 19:26)toolpunk Wrote: Why are so many people running Gotham already? I expected the majority to be on Frodo to be honest. Basic Gotham compatibility should be easy enough to achieve tough if that's enough to get you guys into testing. However don't expect any new Gotham features to be implemented.

basic is fine and why ppl are using gotham it is new so ppl want to have the newest stuff because new is always better No
@Agent62
Bigger posters might happen should I choose to restructure the general window layout. A plot description is highly unlikely though. It'd throw off the symmetry and is easy enough to access through the info screen anyway. I'm not sure about logos, generally speaking I'm not too fond of them for several reasons, but maybe they will find their way into the info screen in a future version.
toolpunk, I like waht you're doing with the skin. I was able to check out the Alpha using Gotham just as Agent62 mentioned (unzip to addon folder)

Very nice. Once you get live TV working it could be a daily for me.

Great job so far

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you could make the description of movies and series a bit bigger, it's hard to read!
What I also noticed: On blue ribbons you have black text, it's nearly impossible to read, same for the weather on the right corner.
For Movies & Series you have the Recently Added, that's really cool though, but for Config and so on there's nothing that can be displayed, so it's empty then. (don't know how to explain ... there is no Recently Added for Config, so when you switch on main menu there is just empty space!)

But the whole skin looks awesome, can't wait for it to be finished! Smile *.*
Yeah, the homescreen is something I would like to discuss with you folks. Initially I thought it'd be awesome to have a changing quick select area, but now I've come to the realization that it's just not that useful. Also XBMC does not provide support for recently added pictures and the like natively and I do not want to force an add-on on you for such a pointless feature.

So my current idea on this is to _always_ display recently added movies, regardless of which ribbon is focused. Or maybe a mix of episodes and movies. What's your opinion on this? Do you prefer it the way it is and see actual value in it or do you tend to agree and believe this can be greatly simplified?

Not sure what to do about the buttons though. White is already used for the currently focused button, so I cannot make the text much brighter without creating potential for some serious confusion. I already tried a darker shade, which does improve legibility a bit but looks like crap, so this isn't a good option either.

I suppose font sizes will be increased gradually over the next few iterations.
It would be good, to see recently added movies on movies section, recently added series on series action.
I don't know if this is possible, but what about showing the settings options instead of the recently added, so if you have the config ribbon selected,
then you would see posters for skin options and so Smile

Would be good, if everything would be a bit bigger, so it's better to read & sometimes more contrast.

---

Keep on the good work, you rock! *.*
That's exactly why I think it's useless. If I did what you suggested, I would essentially be duplicating the settings page, which makes no sense imo. I still believe it is great to have quick access to various features straight from your home screen, but these should be features that are hard to access - or even completely new features.
Mine says that the "add does not have the correct structure". Even if I unzip it and place it together with the other skins, it doesn't show up.
Which version of XBMC are you running? It's working fine for me even on Gotham Beta 2.

@Usability discussion
The past few weeks I've worked hard to come up with a proper solution for the usability issues, but there is no easy fix. Fixing it would mean redesigning and thus recoding the whole skin. Which would undoubtedly change the look and feel dramatically. But even if this was acceptable, given the little interest in this project and the fact that it works great for my personal setup (which was my initial goal) I simply can't justify spending that much time on it. I'd rather move on and design something entirely new and different. As for Aerith, I would gladly help out with the original resources and code advice, if someone decided to take this over.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aerith7