• 2(current)
Release Aerith
love it
I Love the look of this skin, look absolutely fantastic. I am worried that it may be hard to read on my 32" tv, but I'd be willing to put up with that for this beauty Big Grin.

One criticism though, the OSD doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the design. You've got lots of flat colours throughout the UI, then this futuristic, glowy, rounded look for the OSD which looks a lot like Aeon. It just seems jarring to me. Otherwise, it's fantastic.
Dr Gonzo Wrote:One criticism though, the OSD doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the design. You've got lots of flat colours throughout the UI, then this futuristic, glowy, rounded look for the OSD which looks a lot like Aeon. It just seems jarring to me. Otherwise, it's fantastic.

You are perfectly right there.
It does look different from the rest. A fact I don't like.
But I cannot use the same warm and vivid colors on the OSD.
It would be waaaay too distracting while watching a movie.

That's why I decided to stay with the same color scheme but dampen it.
The background is identical with the gray backgrounds I use everywhere else.
I see your point with the rounded elements, but I tried using square ones and it looked like shit to me.

So yeah, it's not seamless, but it's not too bad either.
Except for the blue glow for the focus button.
I hate that, but so far I was unable to come up with a better solution.
Besides I'm also using the glow for settings, so it is consistent.
Yeah, I get your point, it would kill your eyes if you brought up the OSD in a dark movie to be blinded by red and light yellow/beige.

Sorry if this is overstepping the mark but I'm thinking maybe just the embossed effect you use for the "Now Playing" for the play/pause buttons with a soft inner glow for when you "mouse over" (for want of a better term), even maybe copying the "mouse-over" effect you have in the settings menu. Then maybe a solid colour for the progress bar, maybe with a very faint 2 to 3 pixel shadow on the edges, similar to the red ribbon running under the main screen. Ditto for the volume but smaller, obviously.

Again, sorry if this is obnoxious in any way. I don't mean it to be, I just love the design of the skin and wanted to offer some help.
This should be a delightful Christmas present if released in time Big Grin
great work! i like it, good luck coding!
That looks very promising. I like the color scheme.
I am watching the previews from my macbook pro i think you should slightly change the color of the light brown letters. Because it is a little hard to read. Make them a little more come out. Smile
And font size is a little small there is enough space so make them a little larger especially for smaller screens.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Nice warm color palette. I like everything so far. Big Grin
One nice aspect to the design is that with the Netflix script that opens the window media center plugin (from Tuxen - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107997) it will give the illusion of being one integrated system that you can switch between netflix and your local library. I am eager to see what becomes of the skin.
Really nice skin you have there!

It's unique, simple and clear, something a lot of skins are lacking.

The thing is I personally use the plex client and I would love to code this skin for plex to be able to use it on my setup.

Of course full credit would be given to you and I wouldn't change anything you did not approve of.

Let me know if you're interested.

PS. is there something like a personal message system here? (Couldn't find a way to PM this to you)
Saintjuste Wrote:PS. is there something like a personal message system here? (Couldn't find a way to PM this to you)

What happens when you click on username?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:What happens when you click on username?

For some reason when I tried that it didn't show "send a private message",
but now it's working. Maybe my account wasn't activated yet, thanks though!
Cheers
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I think you need to post before you can message.
This is a fantastic looking skin, I really hope it gains traction.

Can I make a request though - XBMC has always been very unfriendly when it comes to switching views, hiding/showing watched etc in that the user has to remember to scroll off the screen in a particular direction to get the options. Can I suggest and extra 'bookmark' at the top of the screen to trigger those options. Would be much easier I think.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aerith7