• 7(current)
Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.
I'm having problem guys.......I installed xbmcboot and now cannot go to IOS and seems like I lost my internet connection too. How can I get out of this? Any help is appreciated guys...
Raspberry Pi-B with Raspbmc
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
LG PA75U Projector with 113" DIY screen
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Denon AVR S500BT with Klipsch Reference series 5.1 setup
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

(2012-03-18, 07:03)freak1 Wrote: I'm having problem guys.......I installed xbmcboot and now cannot go to IOS and seems like I lost my internet connection too. How can I get out of this? Any help is appreciated guys...

If you ssh in and run "apt-get remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter" ( without quotes) in terminal like you did to install it then it will remote the auto xbmc booter and then you will have to reinstall it after sorting out your connection in frontrow.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Is it possible to install this http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launcher/ on an atv2?

I want to boot straight to xbmc but have the option of dropping back to frontrow without sshing into the atv.

Wanted to check before I broke anything.

Thanks.
nope...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I moved and forgot to deactivate this beforehand.

Now the Wifi is different and the ATV2 is stuck in a endless boot-loop cycle.

I've tried to make the Wifi settings exactly the same as before but the ATV2 just won't connect... so I can't SSH in to disable Sad

Any way to disable this some other way so I can hook it up to the new WifiHuh
Plug in a network cable and ssh in using the new ip address assigned via the cable connection.
Doh!
Sorry, for some reason I thought the ATV2 was Wifi only.
Easy fix, thanks!
I'm not able to get this to work. Perhaps it's my software?

I have software version 5.0.2 (4250)

I've tried several times to get the ATV 2 to boot directly to XBMC. I read previous posts about re-skinning - Done. Removing and re-installing - Done.

What I have seen is that it appears that most of the users who have done this still have the ATV "Bar". I have the iCons on my ATV and I also have to take one additional step to open XBMC.

I locate the XBMC icon, press select. I then have to press select agin for XBMC to load.

Is this something that needs to be patched perhaps?
(2012-07-13, 06:00)CantrellsMedia Wrote: I'm not able to get this to work. Perhaps it's my software?

I've tried several times to get the ATV 2 to boot directly to XBMC. I read previous posts about re-skinning - Done. Removing and re-installing - Done.

What I have seen is that it appears that most of the users who have done this still have the ATV "Bar". I have the iCons on my ATV and I also have to take one additional step to open XBMC.

I locate the XBMC icon, press select. I then have to press select agin for XBMC to load.

Doesn't work on iOS 5.0 and above (grid layout) as stated in the FAQ. Also the double selection of XBMC is a known thing, it's just the way that iOS loads apps, nothing can be done about that.

Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2012-07-14, 00:19)deanmv Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 06:00)CantrellsMedia Wrote: I'm not able to get this to work. Perhaps it's my software?

Doesn't work on iOS 5.0 and above (grid layout) as stated in the FAQ. Also the double selection of XBMC is a known thing, it's just the way that iOS loads apps, nothing can be done about that.

Thank you. Sorry I missed that.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.1