Tv out for xbmc on ipad
Little update. I think this is what it will look like then (so i consider my work complete for now). So basically xbmc can be controlled from the iDevice when switched to tvout.

ipod (i know the aspect is b0rked on video - i forgot to set resolution to 720p ... it was 1024x768 aka 4:3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXYcSkx45vs

ipad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOmRHi3xbL8
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
one word.... Awesome..
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
I was looking for this option as well. But I wasn't clear - is there a mirroring option from ipad2 to Apple TV? I'd be happy with that, but couldn't find a way.
this tvout patch will also add the ability to mirror xbmc from ipad2 to an external screen with atv2 (some sort of tvout over the air). But you mean mirror anything else into xbmc running on atv2 right? Nope then this is an unrelated feature where we don't have a solution near by.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I just want to say that this is an awesome work, that i've been waiting from the beginning of the IOS dev of xbmc!
I was looking at the raspberry pi progress but now.... As i've ot several idevice at home ... I can't wait.
Can we have an eta? Or something to give us hope and the strength to wait Wink
early after eden release if you ask me...
keep up good work!
ETA ? Can't wait
You better get used to it then ... "early after eden release" is something around 1 to 3 months as we changed our development policy internally which gives as specific merge windows which have to be hit by features. I think earliest merge would be the first week of may (when i get time to complete the work and find someone to do the review).
Well we had some luck and tvout support hit the april merge window. So once the nightlys start this feature will be in there.
It is probably a rude question, however, can the Dev’s provide some insight into when the nightly builds are going to fire up again?

I don’t mean to sound pushy, just looking forward to checking out some of the new features and FFmpeg 0.10.2…

Besides, it might reduce some of the load on the XBMC servers through my constant refreshing! Smile
When we restart nightlys the feature storm we are doing now is over because support work will go straight into the sky Wink
Will the Update Appear in cydia ? And when Will it happen ?
Look awsome! Cant wait! Great work Memphis.
Will it only work with vga out or will it do the same via "AirPlay" to an ATV2/3?
should even work with air mirroring - though i can't test because i don't have a capable device. But imho its a bit stupid to air mirror xbmc to an atv2/3 when you can install xbmc directly on it (at least for atv2).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv out for xbmc on ipad0