"Mute" Icon
Out of nowhere, I now have a Mute icon at the top right corner of my screen. Audio is just fine when watching movies but I don't hear the sound effects when I navigate through the various screens.

I'm running the latest Dharma.

Thanks in advance.
Press "+" or or "-" from your keyboard to adjust audio volume or "F8" to toggle muting. You can (if I remember correctly) use "F9" and "F10" keys too to adjust volume. I'm in the train now so I can't check. Big Grin

The reason why you are able to hear audio when watching movies is that you are probably using audio pass-through. XBMC won't touch pass-through audio streams and volume controls don't affect pass-through audio.
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
Thank you so much, that did it! Smile
I'm having a similar issue. big honk'n white "mute" sign on the upper part of my screen - when i try using volume up or down it says "Passthrough Audio in Use"

I cannot disable passthrough audio or my sound won't work correctly.

Any ideas as to what the heck is going on here?

edit: nevermind, i just needed to be at the "home screen" and then turn the volume up.
or just press the mute button on your remote Smile
(2011-10-21, 06:47)paavoris Wrote: Press "+" or or "-" from your keyboard to adjust audio volume or "F8" to toggle muting. You can (if I remember correctly) use "F9" and "F10" keys too to adjust volume. I'm in the train now so I can't check. Big Grin

The reason why you are able to hear audio when watching movies is that you are probably using audio pass-through. XBMC won't touch pass-through audio streams and volume controls don't affect pass-through audio.

Thsnkd Bro! I tried every fix online with no luck - next step was a wipe/reinstall - This was it Wink
The cause of the issue for my Kodi was that I had installed the kore remote app while my phone was muted and there's a setting in the kore remote app that allows you to control the volume with audio volume keys on the phone all you have to do is volume up the phone to unmute kodi and then either exit out of the app or continue using it
I had a similar problem, I fixed it by changing my skin to one that had a mute button. Install the skin "Black Glass Nova" which has a built in mute button, (see here for instructions on how: http://xbmc-skins.com/basic-page/how-install-skin)
Once the skin is installed, click the mute button (at the top of the screen) and the problem is fixed.

Why the default skin doesn't have a mute button is completely beyond me!!!

Hope my post saves you all hours of frustration. I nearly threw my box off my balcony!
Your remote has a mute button, doesnt it.
It surprises me a bit that this keps popping up.
Well it's not as simple as that. I just did this now, no volume after my son knocked a key on the keyboard. Started with the PC volume adjustment, no go. Restarted Kodi. Volume up all the way on the remote. Mute on/off on the remote. Check audio settings. Finally, F8 on the keyboard restored the sound. After that, I'm not surprised that it would keep popping up, but thankfully this thread was the top google result and happened to mention F8 as something to try.
Thanks Much! The "Black Glass Nova" skin solved the problem for me.
I have a remote control with a keyboard on the back, I accidentally hit the space bar and it muted Kodi. Rehit it and it came back on.
(2011-10-21, 06:47)paavoris Wrote: Press "+" or or "-" from your keyboard to adjust audio volume or "F8" to toggle muting. You can (if I remember correctly) use "F9" and "F10" keys too to adjust volume. I'm in the train now so I can't check. Big Grin

Wow, The F8 button did it!!!
I must thank you, I have deleted builds from this problem in the past. The remote is in the bed and obviously pushed some buttons.
Again TY.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Mute" Icon0