Cast listing problem?
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks to Crookas for putting in the huge amount of work he has to write this skin, and to everyone else whose input has helped it progress.

I'm using Cirrus 2.1 and I have noticed a few odd things when accessing 'Movie Information' via the context menu from the 'RightListView' display option that I'd like some help with.

I noticed that the Plot/Cast toggle button (like Confluence has) is missing from the lower button bar, but instead a fixed written cast list is displayed. This cast list is dumb, so mousing over/clicking a cast member doesn't display a thumbnail or enable a search of the database for that other movies featuring that actor.

however....

there is a hot-spot on the screen that, if you mouse-over it you can just see a button hilight. It's about here...

Click when you see this button & the cast list comes alive. Mouse-over an actor's name & you get the thumbnail & ability to search the database. Yay !!
(I also noticed that if you watch carefully when the 'movie information' page is opening, you see the word 'Cast' appear very briefly in the area shown above)

In my opinion this is a very desirable feature, so it seems strange that this is the intended functionality.

Is there any way to incorporate it better into the movie information page ? I have experimented & the confluence 'DialogueVideoInfo.xml' will work in it's place but Cirrus' layout is much nicer & obviously fits in with the rest of the skin.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phil.
It's not a feature I use much, but I think you can access it by pressing up when you're on the movie information screen.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
el_Paraguayo Wrote:It's not a feature I use much, but I think you can access it by pressing up when you're on the movie information screen.

No, it's a known bug. This thread and cirrus 2.1 isn't supported anymore, i've not seen a post from crookas about 6 month now.
OK, but it works in cirrus extended though...
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
el_Paraguayo Wrote:OK, but it works in cirrus extended though...

Yes because i've fixed it Smile
Thanks for everyones replies.

I'll take a look at Cirrus Extended & I'll also have a go at fixing the Cirrus page code myself.

Regards,

Phil.
Sorry, double post.
All fixed now Big Grin

I used portions of the Video Information code from Confluence & Big Cirrus to come up with this:

The 'plot' page

The 'cast' page

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cast listing problem?0