Multiple inputs
Hi, I am moving to a new home in just over a month. I would like to setup XBMC in my TV room as a media centre and PVR. I am going to have two tv inputs. DirecTV satellite, and OTA from a rooftop antenna. Is it possible to have the PVR function with the two inputs? As well I will be building the machine myself so any recommended hardware would be appreciated also.

Thanks
I'm not sure it directly answers your question, but I have two inputs on two separate (USB) tuners, one DVB-T and one DVB-S, so much as you propose.

The tvheadend backend is perfectly happy with both cards most of the time (the only problems I get - and it's rare more recently - is when tvheadend starts before the cards have initialised properly).
Thanks for your reply. I am not very familiar with all the language yet. I am unsure of what DVB-T and B are. But I will look it up. Do you happen to know if the os choice limits me to what pvr choice I. Make? I am leaning towards openelec which I believe tvheadend is made for?
DVB-T = Terrestrial
DVB-S(2) = Satellite
DVB-C = Cable

With linux you can use tvheadend, or VDR. For windows you can use Mediaportal tvserver. All these options will work with xbmc/openelec. I'm using openelec and tvheadend with DVB-C myselve.
Thank you very much. Looks like this will do exactly what I am hoping. I think I will build my system around Openelec
Just do your homework - Openelec is a work in progress and details on what tuners are supported seem to be out of date. As a 'turnkey' system you can't just load up new firmware (drivers, essentially) if your card isn't supported, you have to request that the code is added to the relevant build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple inputs0