Question about storage...
I am currently populating my AT2 with my films and tv shows and I got to wondering where all this information is being saved? By information I mean the artwork and info (or the link to the artwork - still not sure how this works). What is actually on the AT2 in terms of programs? Will I run out of space on the AT2?

Sorry new to all of this. Was trying to do a search but couldn't find anything. Maybe I was using the wrong search terms.

Thanks
C
Are you putting the actual TV and Films on the ATV itself? The device has an 8GB flash memory and with the included iOS software and then XBMC installed you end up with around 7GB free. The best use of the ATV2 is to run content via a network as no hard drive can be plugged into it and it has very limited space on it's own.

On XBMC if you go to settings > Information then there is a tab called storage that (provided you are on a recent nightly) will display how much space you have used and is left. If not this can also be done via SSH and terminal from a Mac.

If you are looking for the folder that holds all the artwork then it is /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails and in terms of size. I have 90 films and around 400 episodes of TV and mine is 146MB
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Thanks for the response. All my films are streaming via wired network so no worries there. The folder with the artwork then is an the AT2? Why is the folder size so small for all those images?

Thanks again.

C
Ah right, thought you were storing them on the ATV2 itself, that would have filled up quick then! Yeah the folder resides in:

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails

on the ATV2 itself. Not sure why they are so small, just had a look through it and they are all around 0-500KB. Most are around 100-200Kb though.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about storage...0