Please Help with ATV2 and iMac
If you go to System > System Info sub menu then it will show you the build information at the bottom which will display the date etc.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
The only settings I see is under system and I see no "information"
Trying not to get too annoyed at this now.
I edited the post before. The skin I was using displays it slightly differently, my fault there haha
Set Up
Well screw me sideways. It IS the latest night;y and now AFP is working. I searched via zerconfig and it says working so I am so happy.
Thanks a million Dean. Sleep happy tonight knowing you have stopped me strangling my cats in frustration LOL
That was all it was then I think, you had the version without AFP integrated yet! Another cat saved on my feline mission haha! Glad it's working.
Set Up
All working fine now. It just seems to take an age for it to find the AFP shares each time. Loading a movie to play takes about 8 seconds and forwarding through a movie, it has to buffer each time.
I assume this may be down to it being wireless (although it's all N wireless) and I have read somewhere about changing certain settings to help :-)
Still, you're a cat saving star mate
I use ATV2 over Wireless N as well and it takes a few seconds (2 or 3) to load the movie and a few when you skip but that is a given, it could just be the position of your ATV for the wireless, could be AFP, not used it myself so don't know how quick it is. Try plugging it in via ethernet if not and test it to see if it's any quicker. It's not a perfect box but with XBMC it is pretty damn close!
Set Up
Actually one small issue now. The ATV2 keeps rebooting OR XBMC is shutting down. I can be doing something, then all of a sudden, the screen goes black and then it pops back up with the ATV2 main menu :-(
At least I am a massive step closer compared to earlier though :-)
Reboot it, start the film, wait for the crash and then post the log again like earlier and another user might see it as my knowledge is probably stretched as far as it will go for stuff like this! Best thing you can do is put a log up though. Also check here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112450
Set Up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Help with ATV2 and iMac0