• 51(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface
Hi

Had you solved the buttons not working problem? Just did a fresh install of latest openelec (4.0.7 and xbmc 13.2) and have the non-working button issue.
Just tried removing cookies - it works but it's not a solution. I noticed the thread stops quite abruptly.....a solution was found?
Anybody there ? Anybody following this thread?

I tried all the suggestions and nothing works. Only removing the cookie works but then nothing can be changed in setup as it will write one.

When the page starts, it obviously gets the default settings from somewhere - not a cookie but from the program itself. Are they in a particular place ? How about making it read from a file ? Maybe a awxsettings.xml ?

<interfacelanguage>en</interfacelanguage>
<startpage>TV Shows</startpage>

etc......for all settings. I don't know if it's even possible in javascript as I don't know it but I don't see why not. I know that a lot of work went in the cookie based setup but (obviously) it has problems - unless the issue has ben solved and solution is not on forum. Tried it on WinXP and Win8.1 both with Firefox and Chrome - always with same result.
Hi,

I am also affected by non working play/stop/... controls and now playing overlay (AWXi 7.2 from the official repo, xbmc 13.2).

I can confirm that enabling "allow other systems to control XBMC" and deleting content of the $HOME/.xbmc/temp directory (probably the cookies) resolved (at least temporaly) the problem for me.

Please where is the devel GIT repo to test 7.3 (or latest head)? The https://github.com/frolick/AWX-Eden/tree/gotham returns 404 error.
(2014-10-14, 22:23)yarda Wrote: Hi,

I am also affected by non working play/stop/... controls and now playing overlay (AWXi 7.2 from the official repo, xbmc 13.2).

Please where is the GIT repo to test 7.3 (or head)? The https://github.com/frolick/AWX-Eden/tree/gotham returns 404 error.

Hi

What I ended up doing is to go to config and set up AWXI to my liking - this writes a total of 38 cookies. Then I have an add-on on my browser (addon is called Web Developer and browser is Firefox) that can show me what cookies AWXI writes and allows me to edit/delete them. Then I delete the ones that don't affect me (like sort order - default is ascending and it's fine for me). This way, delete as many cookies as you can - I dropped to 29 and now everything works.

I know this is not THE solution but just a workaround, but it's fine for me especially since nobody gave me a solution.
(2014-10-14, 22:57)oggie62 Wrote: What I ended up doing is to go to config and set up AWXI to my liking - this writes a total of 38 cookies.
I had no cookie on my browser from AWXi, it was after fresh start and nothing was configured/changed in AWXi. I also retried with private browsing (so no stored cookies) and even from another browser and I was still affected, so in my case it is probably not problem of browser stored cookies.

I can debug this more deep and provide patches (if the problem appears again). But it would be great to have access to latest git head not to replicate already done work.
(2014-10-14, 23:15)yarda Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 22:57)oggie62 Wrote: What I ended up doing is to go to config and set up AWXI to my liking - this writes a total of 38 cookies.
I had no cookie on my browser from AWXi, it was after fresh start and nothing was configured/changed in AWXi. I also retried with private browsing (so no stored cookies) and even from another browser and I was still affected, so in my case it is probably not problem of browser stored cookies.

I can debug this more deep and provide patches (if the problem appears again). But it would be great to have access to latest git head not to replicate already done work.

I see...

I am using Openelec 4.2.1, XBMC 13.2 and AWXi 7.2

Since you are getting a 404 error, there seems to be some other problem - and I have no idea where to start looking - sorry Sad
Is addon alive?
It's not present in latest Kodi plugin list and github return 404 for even frolick user...
Nice web interface, when I upgrade to the newest version of Kodi the addon continue to work for me, but I do have problems with 30 second skip working and I get some error on the main page every-time it starts (not at my computer so can't remember the exact error right now). Hopefully someone will pick up and run with this as I think it's one of the nicer Kodi web interfaces out there. I'd like to see better integration with live-tv if possible.
Anybody knows why only obtain a text "Loading application ..."

Thanks.
I think I'm having similar problems... The green bars on top and side have stopped working. I have uninstalled the plugin on Kodi and done all the cache clear settings.. tried in 3 different browsers and all get the same result. If you click on them it will seek to the position of the video file or music file. However it used to update as the item was playing and the speaker volume was also in its correct position. Now they all stay grey.
Is anyone working on this at all? or is the best kodi web interface stopped "dead" in it's tracks.
Similar to above.
I have 2 machines with same web interface.
One machine is fine.
Other machine no green progress bars on chromium, ok when going to private browsing and ok on firefox.
It looks like frolick has deleted the repo or it got cleaned due to lack of use. Unfortunately I had a HDD failure with this on (I thought I'd copied it and it was on github...). The version I currently have appears to be before the cookie problem was (hopefully) resolved. If anyone has that version, a copy would be great! The problem (Montellese thought anyway) was the HTTP server in Kodi doesn't like too many cookies (header to large). I changed it so only 2 cookies were used and local storage for the rest.

Tbh I was hoping the new official web interface would be well under way by now. I've not been keeping up but can't see anything. Is there one?

Chorus was getting all the praise and I thought that would continue to be worked on but it looks to have stalled.

I've but the last "official" version here: https://github.com/mizaki/awxi but that still uses LOTS of cookies.

If there is still a need I can try to do a bit more work on this.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Hi all,
anyone with a "final" solution? I managed to set up a workaround deleting and blocking the cookies "limitArtist, limitAlbums, limitSongs, limitVideo and limitTV". Not elegant at all but functional: at least it works and I can save the defaults I want.

Hope someone gets a way to eventually solve this, I like the way the interface works.
Cheers
np
---
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface3