• 20(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface
One observation I have about using large mp3 libraries with the web interfaces is to let XBMC fully come ready before using the web interface.

If you have library scanning turned on at startup and attempt to use the web interface before the library scanning is finished (especially on large music libraries) I find that the web interface will sometimes timeout (and I set the timeouts in XCWP to 10 sec).

This may or may not be an answer for what menno is seeing.

Cheers,
Kabooga
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
Thanks Kabooga.

The other problem is the full library gets called even if you use limits. So it might be there is nothing that can be done currently except maybe upping the timeout in the browser.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
With the trailers do you want to play them in the browser (a simple link) or play them in XBMC?
those three labels scream to be added to lang files:

'<ul><li><a href="#tabs-1">General</a></li>' +
'<li><a href="#tabs-2">Views</a></li>' +
'<li><a href="#tabs-3">Sorting</a></li></ul>' +

thanx!
I thought they were! Eek I'll do it after work.
Mizaki Wrote:With the trailers do you want to play them in the browser (a simple link) or play them in XBMC?

Hi Mizaki,

Both Shocked Laugh

No only kidding, what ever is easier to implement

Mizaki Wrote:@m0v1em4n I think you should have a look at trakt.tv and trakt utilities. I think you'll find that does what you want.

Thanks had a look at that, think it might do more than I want, ideally just wanted to post cover shots via face book and I know it does that but it also does so much more that I don't require.

Now that's a first, me not wanting something Laugh
You've got both (providing it works with youtube). I'm not getting any youtube trailers for some reason atm so let me know if they work.

Also changed reload alert to only when changing UIs. Views you can just refresh to change but the alert all the time might be confusing.
Thumbs Up 
Mizaki Wrote:You've got both (providing it works with youtube). I'm not getting any youtube trailers for some reason atm so let me know if they work.

Also changed reload alert to only when changing UIs. Views you can just refresh to change but the alert all the time might be confusing.

Top man thanks

**** update****

Hi Mizaki,

The trailers work great on my ipad and on XBMC.
My only problem is they seem to stream very slow to both, tried my XBMC trailers plugin and they stream 720p OK and they are coming from Apple.

Think on my other Ipad app remote that offers the same they stream from Utube and all though the quality is not as good the do stream faster.

Thanks for the great work
I noticed that it seemed slow on mine as well but I just thought it was my connection. All it does it take the trailer that is in the DB.

What have you got set for your scraper? I changed mine to use youtube but I haven't gotten any trailers for the few I've tried since.
Mizaki Wrote:I noticed that it seemed slow on mine as well but I just thought it was my connection. All it does it take the trailer that is in the DB.

What have you got set for your scraper? I changed mine to use youtube but I haven't gotten any trailers for the few I've tried since.

When I play a trailer in MQ3 for a particular movie that is slow to, but if I use the Trailers plugin which stream via apple it stream fairly fast, so perhaps its something to do with XBMC.

Thanks great job
With you. Maybe I can leverage the trailers plugin. Hmm... there is two. I should imagine if the youtube ones come in they'll be fine as well.
Hi Mizaki,

Well I changed the download trailer to 480p and they stream better, if not perfect.
Think the problem ls the trailer are being streamed from Yahoo.com unless you select no in the prefer trailers from HD Trailer .net ( mine are now set to 480p ), Think the trailer will then come from Utube providing you have it selected.
Only problem now is you have to change the setting for each source and to rescan the library to get the new info, it will then put the appropriate trailer info where it is needed.
To test I just rescanned one movie and now the setting have been changed all new movies will have the correct settings

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I have youtube enabled and disabled hd-trailers.net expecting to get youtube ones but get nothing. I checked themoviedb.org and it has a trailer for the film I'm trying.

Looking at the logs themoviedb doesn't appear to be passing the trailer info on. Maybe it's a known problem.
Added a few more bits to the wiki. Have a look see Smile
Added a thumbnail view for episodes.

Thinking about the unified UI a bit atm. How would people feel (if anyone is reading Wink) about an almost empty interface? I'm thinking of having a music and video tab that expand when clicked and close again on the top left. Settings and control on the top right. Between them a rolling currently playing that can be expanded to look almost the same as now. On the bottom a player control tab that can be expanded (also the option to show when media is playing).

Anybody hate the sound of any of that?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface3