• 30(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface
(2012-05-12, 21:10)Mizaki Wrote: Just pushed the fix to git. It's good to bug me now and then about any outstanding issues, because it didn't affect me it got pushed to the back of my bad memory Smile If you're using git let me know if it solves your problem (you can get the zip from the first few posts). If not I'll probably be putting it in the official repo in a week or so.

Tried it! Looks ok, tnx very much Smile
First of all, keep up the good work!

I share my music from my NAS through the samba protocol to my XBMC media center.
I'm running this interface (from the official repo, latest version).
When I want to play music through the web-interface, via the Files view, I get this message: Failed to get Directory!.
The directory is view-able from within XBMC.

What can cause this?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi and thanks Smile

First thing are the directories listed? If so, how many directories down are the files? It'll only look 2 deep so if the files are further they won't get played.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
As an avid user of the XBMC Commander iPhone app, I am very used to play YouTube music videos remotely on my XBMC setup. Lately I have been using the great AWX interface a lot to control the music I play on my XBMC setup. It would be awesome if the AWX interface would also allow me to play YouTube videos. Do you plan to integrate this feature in a future release?
I not sure how that works, do you browse the youtube plugin via Commander? Are you looking for something like TubeToTV? I'm hoping to have better addon support in general when JSONRPC Addon goes in. That'll only be available in Frodo (the next release) though.
Hi Mizaki, thanks for your reply. With Commander I can search YouTube and play or enqueue movies on my XBMC box. According to information on the internet I think the app searches YouTube itselves, and then sends the YouTube URL to the YouTube plugin using the XBMC API. TubeToTV would be a nice temporary solution, however I am not using Chrome... Hope you can integrate this feature in a future release!

Edit: in the AWXi source I see there is already a possibility to send YouTube links to XBMC for movie trailers. Wouldn't it be possible to add a little page where I can input the YouTube ?v=[xx] myself so a YouTube link can be sent to XBMC? It's not a beautiful solution but it would be great functionality already!
I'll have a think. I've got an idea but it's not the greatest solution.
Will there be a Solution for the Problem with Files on internal HDD wich are not in Database? I still got the Problem that in some cases i cannot add folders to Playlist or enque them...

Foder structure is: HARDDRIVE/MUSIC/ALBUMNAME/files. Drive is mounted under ubuntu in the /media directory...

The only thing possible is to play single files by clicking direkt on them...
Do you mean the "feature" where it will only recurse two directories deep? Smile You should be able to play the "albumname" directory. Can you not?
(2012-05-26, 19:52)Mizaki Wrote: You should be able to play the "albumname" directory. Can you not?

Speaking for myself... nope. Have just updated to Eden and found that the AWX interface no longer seems to play album folders (i.e. all music files directly under the folder). Instead, the only way I can get them to play is by clicking play on a per-song basis...

Any ideas?

Edit: Spoke too soon? Did a 'scan to library' and all now appears to be working? Was that expected behavior?
There seems to be a problem where directories can be enqueued/played if they are in your library but not if they aren't. I've asked the question and I'll go from there. I'm sure it used to work but don't use it regularly so I'm not sure when/if it broke. If anyone has an idea, let me know. I don't think I've touched the files part for a long, long time.
Hey Mizaki,

I just wanted to say what a great looking and useful interface. Im currently using it on a Blackberry Playbook to control my music library. I do have a question though...

I have quite a few Artists in my music library. When I select an artist, then album, then play a song from that album, is there a way for AWXI to "remember" the position of the original Artist after backing out to choose another Artist? For example, say I choose artist "Sublime" play a song from one other their albums, I back out using the "X" button and the artist lists loads again but starts at the beginning again (Alphabetically). It takes a lot of scrolling on the Playbook to get back anywhere near "Sublime". So is it possible for the list to load again, but be at "Sublime" or whatever the last artist that was chosen?

Once again, thanks for all the hard work, this software is amazing!
Thanks. Smile

This is one of the things that bugs me as well tbh. I've had a look in the past but didn't get very far. I'll give MKay a PM and see what he says.
Hmm, my posting appears to have disappeared or something

I'm very happy with awxi, but I've run into some small problem"

I'm running xmbc on a Linux Mint server (kernel 3.0.0-12)
xmbc is 12.0-alpha1 compiled 2/05/2012
awxi is -.0.5.3

I'm using the default interface, as I need the remote emulation (my server has not got a working IR) It works fine, but I can't find a pause/resume button anywhere. I can pause it with the center (select) button on the remote, but then xbmc puts it's display of what's playing and player controls across the bottom of the picture and I can't find anyway to clear that from the display.

I can use awxi from my Linux laptop with Opera or Chrome and from my MacBook with Opera. But Firefox on my Linux laptop or the Macbook can not make a working connection (this for me is a minor issue, the lack of a pause/resume is a problem for the wife and kid). I've tried all of the interfaces, but wasn't able to find one on any of them

Umm. Bottom left, play/pause and stop? Smile

Not sure why you should get a problem with Linux or Mac. I'll give it a try on linux.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface3