[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
oggie62 Offline
Hi

Had you solved the buttons not working problem? Just did a fresh install of latest openelec (4.0.7 and xbmc 13.2) and have the non-working button issue.
find quote
oggie62 Offline
Just tried removing cookies - it works but it's not a solution. I noticed the thread stops quite abruptly.....a solution was found?
find quote
oggie62 Offline
Anybody there ? Anybody following this thread?

I tried all the suggestions and nothing works. Only removing the cookie works but then nothing can be changed in setup as it will write one.

When the page starts, it obviously gets the default settings from somewhere - not a cookie but from the program itself. Are they in a particular place ? How about making it read from a file ? Maybe a awxsettings.xml ?

<interfacelanguage>en</interfacelanguage>
<startpage>TV Shows</startpage>

etc......for all settings. I don't know if it's even possible in javascript as I don't know it but I don't see why not. I know that a lot of work went in the cookie based setup but (obviously) it has problems - unless the issue has ben solved and solution is not on forum. Tried it on WinXP and Win8.1 both with Firefox and Chrome - always with same result.
find quote
yarda Offline
Hi,

I am also affected by non working play/stop/... controls and now playing overlay (AWXi 7.2 from the official repo, xbmc 13.2).

I can confirm that enabling "allow other systems to control XBMC" and deleting content of the $HOME/.xbmc/temp directory (probably the cookies) resolved (at least temporaly) the problem for me.

Please where is the devel GIT repo to test 7.3 (or latest head)? The https://github.com/frolick/AWX-Eden/tree/gotham returns 404 error.
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-14 22:44 by yarda.)
find quote
oggie62 Offline
(2014-10-14 22:23)yarda Wrote:  Hi,

I am also affected by non working play/stop/... controls and now playing overlay (AWXi 7.2 from the official repo, xbmc 13.2).

Please where is the GIT repo to test 7.3 (or head)? The https://github.com/frolick/AWX-Eden/tree/gotham returns 404 error.

Hi

What I ended up doing is to go to config and set up AWXI to my liking - this writes a total of 38 cookies. Then I have an add-on on my browser (addon is called Web Developer and browser is Firefox) that can show me what cookies AWXI writes and allows me to edit/delete them. Then I delete the ones that don't affect me (like sort order - default is ascending and it's fine for me). This way, delete as many cookies as you can - I dropped to 29 and now everything works.

I know this is not THE solution but just a workaround, but it's fine for me especially since nobody gave me a solution.
find quote
yarda Offline
(2014-10-14 22:57)oggie62 Wrote:  What I ended up doing is to go to config and set up AWXI to my liking - this writes a total of 38 cookies.
I had no cookie on my browser from AWXi, it was after fresh start and nothing was configured/changed in AWXi. I also retried with private browsing (so no stored cookies) and even from another browser and I was still affected, so in my case it is probably not problem of browser stored cookies.

I can debug this more deep and provide patches (if the problem appears again). But it would be great to have access to latest git head not to replicate already done work.
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-14 23:17 by yarda.)
find quote
oggie62 Offline
(2014-10-14 23:15)yarda Wrote:  
(2014-10-14 22:57)oggie62 Wrote:  What I ended up doing is to go to config and set up AWXI to my liking - this writes a total of 38 cookies.
I had no cookie on my browser from AWXi, it was after fresh start and nothing was configured/changed in AWXi. I also retried with private browsing (so no stored cookies) and even from another browser and I was still affected, so in my case it is probably not problem of browser stored cookies.

I can debug this more deep and provide patches (if the problem appears again). But it would be great to have access to latest git head not to replicate already done work.

I see...

I am using Openelec 4.2.1, XBMC 13.2 and AWXi 7.2

Since you are getting a 404 error, there seems to be some other problem - and I have no idea where to start looking - sorry Sad
find quote