• 2(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface
Mizaki Wrote:Out of interest, what would you use the files browsing for? I have everything in my library so I never need to use it. Smile

That's exactly why I need it, I don't have everything in my library. Browsing for a folder is (in my case) much easier than searching in the library for a specific album
Ronny!,

You said you are running 0.4.1 of our addon but I just wanted to check to make sure that you're using a nightly that's been put out since the 15th of Oct. The files section won't work if you're using an earlier build of XBMC or if you're still on Dharma.

All my shares are formatted like yours but I will play around with different combos when I get home tonight.
That's a good one, I run indeed a nightly (for the ATV2, I don't know if this is any different?). But I don't know if this nightly I'm running is newer than the 15th of Oct. I will update to the newest and test again.

Thanks

I'm now running the latest nightly for the ATV2 (xbmc-20111024-c5758bf-master-atv2.deb).
Still got the same error

On my PC, running the latest nightly on windows 7, it seems to be working okay. So there is something different in the Darwin version..
Ronny! Wrote:That's a good one, I run indeed a nightly (for the ATV2, I don't know if this is any different?). But I don't know if this nightly I'm running is newer than the 15th of Oct. I will update to the newest and test again.

Thanks

I'm now running the latest nightly for the ATV2 (xbmc-20111024-c5758bf-master-atv2.deb).
Still got the same error

On my PC, running the latest nightly on windows 7, it seems to be working okay. So there is something different in the Darwin version..

Well I updated to the latest nightly and checked my sources. My sources are using host names instead of IP addresses. I added a share by IP and it looks like it's failing just like you said.

I messed around with the JSON-RPC call Files.GetDirectory which, when passed a folder, should give back the contents of that folder. Unfortunately it seems like it doesn't work with IP addresses.

I've posted in the JSON-RPC development thread to see if our code is doing something wrong or if it's designed that way. If the call is working as intended, then there's not much we can do.

Is there a reason that you're using IPs instead of host names?

Edit: I lied!
The problem isn't with Files.GetDirectory, it's with Files.GetSources. When I ask for a list of sources, it will give me back something like smb://192.168.1.100/share/ but that won't help me out when I need something like: smb://user: [email protected]/share/ in order for Files.GetDirectory to work.
frolick Wrote:Is there a reason that you're using IPs instead of host names?

No there isn't. I can use host names instead. But does this work? Because you also need a username and password..
As I don't have any SMB shares myself I can't test but I discussed the issue with some other team members and here is how it works:

1. You enter an SMB share as a source
2. XBMC retrieves the username and password and stores them in a password manager
3. XBMC only stores the actual SMB path (no username/password) as the source

Next time XBMC tries to access a sub-path of that SMB path it checks the password manager for known username/password pairs and if it finds a match, uses those. Otherwise it asks the user for the authentication details.

There seems to be a problem though as this does not work with ip-address based SMB paths and only with hostname-based SMB paths.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
How does this work with a centralized mysql database?
I mean, do I have to enter a username and password at every XBMC client? Or are the username and password stored in the mysql database, I think not
Hi, is it possible to add another language to AWX? I add file for my lang to ./js/lang, but there is no any effect.
Scaramush Wrote:Hi, is it possible to add another language to AWX? I add file for my lang to ./js/lang, but there is no any effect.

Yeah, once you put the language file in the ./js/lang folder you need to add it as a script source in index.html. It should be formatted like:

Code:
<script src="js/lang/yourlanguagefilename.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If you want to post a link to your translation I'd be happy to package it in.
Hi! How can I add another language to AWX? I added lang file for my language into ./js/lang. But it didn't work. What else I should do?

Sorry for the repeated message. I didn't found button to remove it
frolick Wrote:If you want to post a link to your translation I'd be happy to package it in.

http://ifolder.ru/26613522
I cannot get the UI to load, it only load the default UI.

I deleted browser cache
I deleted the old AWX folder under Addons
I have installed the latest ZIP file in post1
XBMC says AWX is Enabled (also says Default is enabled and there is no way to disable)

thoughts?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:I cannot get the UI to load, it only load the default UI.

I deleted browser cache
I deleted the old AWX folder under Addons
I have installed the latest ZIP file in post1
XBMC says AWX is Enabled (also says Default is enabled and there is no way to disable)

thoughts?

I'm not near an XBMC install, but try changing the web interface to default, restart XBMC, and then change it back to AWX.
frolick Wrote:I'm not near an XBMC install, but try changing the web interface to default, restart XBMC, and then change it back to AWX.

BOTH default & AWX say Enabled
... there is no way to disable Default (not able to select the button)
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I think I know where you are going wrong. To set the web interface to use go to:

Settings->Network->Services->Web interface

This will give you a list of enabled web interfaces. You can only have 1 active at a time but you can have many enabled if you look at the addon list.

Also, just pushed to git a hacked together dark version of the light interface for those of you who like/need a landscape layout but don't like bright lights (mogwais!). Smile
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface3