Stuttering & iOS upgrade
Running the most recently nightly build (/xbmc-20111020-59dec96-master-atv2.deb) w/SMB share. It's been a while since I updated and noticed some improvitement - but now I'm getting stuttering (not buffering). It's somewhat minimal. Anyone else notice this? Playback works but just stutters from time to time.

2nd question - Can I upgrade to iOS 5 from 4.2.2JB without issue?
AmazonFirex4/iPhone6s/iPad2/NSS326
Kodi - be brave and help - update w/nightly builds
ironmanco Wrote:2nd question - Can I upgrade to iOS 5 from 4.2.2JB without issue?

You mean besides the issue that all iOS5 jb's are currently tethered ?
Oops. And I assume that upgrading from an existing jb will still be an issue?
You are more likely to have problems if you upgrade the firmware. The devs are holding off going to the new firmware until an untethered jb is available. The tethered boot is not conducive to sane development.
Anyone notice the stuttering on recent builds (eg 10/20)?
You can update apple tv to 4.3 8f455 as it is still being signed by apple. You have to do a shift restore though. If you want a untethered jb for now.
So, the big question is what are the diffs between 4.3 (or 5.0) from 4.2.2. In other words, what is the motivation to upgrade to a new f/w release.
ironmanco Wrote:So, the big question is what are the diffs between 4.3 (or 5.0) from 4.2.2. In other words, what is the motivation to upgrade to a new f/w release.

There is no Motivation.

However, if you're an idiot (like I was) and upgrade because you think it's the only way to fix your Apple TV, or some other dumb reason.. Unless you've saved your sshds's or whatever the heck they are, there is no way of downgrading.

If you upgrade, probably, you can't go back.

So - hence, I managed to get 4.4.1 working with my tethered ATV2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering & iOS upgrade0