Motherboard that will take a passive sparkle GT430?
My brother bought a passive sparkle GT430 to put on his e350 zacate so he could play 3D blu-rays.
It didn't fit the motherboard because the analog audio outputs block it's position.

He decided he would get on with his next build like my main build, an intel i3 with GT430.
He got an Asrock H55M-LE LGA but again the analog audio outputs are in the way.

What motherboard should he be buying for the passive GT430 to fit?

What would happen if we un-soldered the analog outputs and removed them?
I've bought a GT210 Asus Passive and hadn't place to put my pci tvcard inside.
I may think these cards aren't made for micro or mini atx boards.
Now i have my old GT8600 inside again Smile
T800 Wrote:My brother bought a passive sparkle GT430 to put on his e350 zacate so he could play 3D blu-rays.
It didn't fit the motherboard because the analog audio outputs block it's position.
i have these e350m1 mobo and the gt430 gpu fit fine:

mobo- ASRock E350M1/USB3 AMD E-350 APU (1.6GHz, Dual-Core) AMD A50M Hudson M1 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

gpu- EVGA 01G-P3-1430-LR GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

it's installed in this little mini-itx case- APEX MI-008 Black Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case 250W Power Supply
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
He has a passive GT430 which is a bit bigger. If possible he would to use it. My GT430 would fit fine.
T800 Wrote:He has a passive GT430 which is a bit bigger. If possible he would to use it. My GT430 would fit fine.
i understand that, but can he replace it with something similar to what you and i have?

since he already have e350 mobo, it might be cheaper to get the correct gt430 gpu than buying i3 as you stated in your 1st post.
He wants to move the e350 to the bedroom and build the i3 for his main box. The e350 works fine but doesn't compare to the i3 build for speed. He has already paid a slight premium for the sparkle and wants to use it if possible.
T800 Wrote:He wants to move the e350 to the bedroom and build the i3 for his main box. The e350 works fine but doesn't compare to the i3 build for speed. He has already paid a slight premium for the sparkle and wants to use it if possible.
in that case, he can build an i3 htpc with this board (GIGABYTE GA-Z68M-D2H) to go along with his passive sparkle gt430. for his e350 htpc in the bedroom, he can get this gpu (EVGA 01G-P3-1430-LR GeForce GT 430) for it.
Hello.

I am the brother in question.lol. just tried buying that motherboard but its out of stock in loads of places. I can wait till it comes back in stock. However I would really like to know what happens if I were to remove the analog audio outputs on the motherboard I currently have that is in the way of the passive graphics card I have. Thankyou.
7jameslfc Wrote:Hello.

I am the brother in question.lol. just tried buying that motherboard but its out of stock in loads of places. I can wait till it comes back in stock. However I would really like to know what happens if I were to remove the analog audio outputs on the motherboard I currently have that is in the way of the passive graphics card I have. Thankyou.
if you already have the mobo, you can give it a try. i doubt that it'll harm anything other than you cannot use audio ports anymore.

if you want to do it right, you're probably better to go with one of these- CPU Socket Type : LGA 1155
7jameslfc Wrote:... like to know what happens if I were to remove the analog audio outputs on the motherboard ...
You mean de-solder them? Sounds like a fun project! Rofl

As they are just connectors, there shouldn't be any problems with this, but I suggest you only try if you have experience and/or the right tools. The only issue I can think of is that they are probably detecting ports, so removing them may cause the system to think something is plugged in. This could cause issues when trying to direct sound elsewhere, but it depends on the software. If it comes to it, you could find out which pins of the connectors do the sensing, and link them on the motherboard.

Needless to say, your warranty will be void!
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Thankyou for the help. Much appreciated. Think I will nicely ask t800 to remove the ports n see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motherboard that will take a passive sparkle GT430?0