Need to add Multiple directories to xbmc under one source
Sad 
So I have Movies folder in D, E and F drives.
Under each drive/movies I have 3 different types of movies

something like

1 d/movies/anime
2 d/movies/action
3 d/movies/drama

4 e/movies/anime
5 e/movies/action
6 e/movies/drama

7 f/movies/anime
8 f/movies/action
9 f/movies/drama

So when I add source to the library.. I did something like this

Source anime--> Path 1,4,7
Source action-->Path 2,5,8
Source drama--> Path 3,6,9

All collectively show up in the movies menus but I want to add a playlist only for type1

Therefore when I added a smart playlist and select source "drama" which i added above...
but when i go inside the playlist I dont see anything.. it says library is empty.

The way I created the smart playlist is as following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>drama all</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">multipath://D%3a%5cMovies%5cdrama%5c/F%3a%5cMovies%5cdrama%5c/G%3a%5cMovies%5cdrama%5c/</rule>
<order direction="ascending">title</order>
</smartplaylist>

I tried with starts with,contains etc but none worked..whats going on here?

I can create a playlist with 3 diff paths (actual uris) it will work but if i select this multipath it wont.. why ??

Its not really anime/drama etc which I can sort with genre.. these are actually 3 diff languages...
How about something like (I haven't tested this so the syntax is probably wrong)

<rule field="path" operator="contains">"drama"</rule>
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
All you need to do is what rocketpants said use one rule "path contains" "drama" that will show everything in drama 3,6,9 because they all contain drama in the path
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:All you need to do is what rocketpants said use one rule "path contains" "drama" that will show everything in drama 3,6,9 because they all contain drama in the path

that sounds easy .. i will try that and see.. but sounds more of a wildcard rather than being specific.Huh

either way as long as it gets the job done.. i m ok with it.
How is it a wildcard if the only paths that contain the directory drama are 3,6,9 you could also use "path ends with" "drama" both are specific to those paths only its only not specific if you have other paths with drama in them

You cant use "path starts with" because your paths start with d, e, f, that means you get everything from all three drives, anime, action, drama, and I don't see how you think it will know what it starts if you use "path starts with" multipath:// your telling it it starts with multipath://D%3a%5c etc so thats what it will look for in the db

I've never seen anyone use multipath or whether it can even be use in the first place if you have multiple paths you add each one to the playlist separately

You can use full path "path is" but that only works on directory's that contain video files only it doesn't work if the path leads to a directory containing folders
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:How is it a wildcard if the only paths that contain the directory drama are 3,6,9 you could also use "path ends with" "drama" both are specific to those paths only its only not specific if you have other paths with drama in them

You cant use "path starts with" because your paths start with d, e, f, that means you get everything from all three drives, anime, action, drama, and I don't see how you think it will know what it starts if you use "path starts with" multipath:// your telling it it starts with multipath://D%3a%5c etc so thats what it will look for in the db

I've never seen anyone use multipath or whether it can even be use in the first place if you have multiple paths you add each one to the playlist separately

You can use full path "path is" but that only works on directory's that contain video files only it doesn't work if the path leads to a directory containing folders

Thanks makes sense.. I did the way you suggested and it works Smile
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to add Multiple directories to xbmc under one source0