MySQl setup issues with 10/23 nightly
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, if there is an issue with the nightly. I am trying to set up MySQL with an ATV2 ( I actually have two but just trying to get the first one going before I move the second one over). I followed the directions on the lifehacker article on setting up MySQL. Created user, created the two empty schemas.

XBMC is not using the schemas I pointed it to for music and video. It is creating new schema called 'myvideos56' and 'mymusic56' instead. Other than that it is working fine. Unfortunately, this will not work for me as I need to set up a second profile, that will have a different schema name.

While on this adventure, I backed up the info in the two schemas it created and then dropped them and tried again. The second time it just created the myvideos56 schema and not the mymusic56 schema. So I tried to import my music library, but there still was not any tables in the mysql schema, so I seemed to just go ahead and use sqllite.

Any help would be appreciated. Here is my advancedsettings.xml

Quote:<advancedsettings>

<audio>

<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>

</audio>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.15</host>
<port>3306</port>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.15</host>
<port>3306</port>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://192.168.1.15/userdata/masterprofile/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>

And a here is my xbmc.log.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112999
Same problems on every platform.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks, somehow I missed that before submitting. Will wait and see what happens.
In current source it should generate databases with the name xbmc_video56, where xbmc_video is the name specified in advancedsettings.xml ... so this should work for profiles aswell again...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This worked fine for me, converting the database automatically (previouly using an Oct-17-2011 nightly).! It did take quite a long time to do it, though i have a pretty large database. So expect to have it appear to hang for a few minutes during tbe initial launch.

Thanks devs!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQl setup issues with 10/23 nightly0