SandForce Firmware Bug Causing BSOD
Quote from AnandTech -SandForce Identifies Firmware Bug Causing BSOD Issue, Fix Available Today

"OCZ has been testing the fix in-house for the past three weeks and now believes it is fit for public release. SandForce is simultaneously releasing the firmware to its partners, so if you have non-OCZ drives you should contact your drive manufacturer for an availability update."

Here is a list of SandForce Driven SSDs
I imagine that the site(s) will be slashdotted. The reports of this happening spread far and wide.
While we're on about firmwares Seagate released one recently (v28 I think) for the Momentus XT which finally cured my s3 sleep and randomly reboots that were happening every few weeks.
Kirky99 Wrote:I imagine that the site(s) will be slashdotted. The reports of this happening spread far and wide.

I would agree with you. To my knowledge this is the first time Sandforce has publicly admitted a problem and is working to fix it.
I have a OCZ Agility2 and OCZ has a update for it. They are not the only SSD Mfgr. that uses Sandforce controllers, that's why I put a link for all Sandforce drives.
Maybe they will finally get it right?

http://revision3.com/tekzilla/sandforce-ssd - fast forward to 23:20.
very nice Driver 944!! thanks for the link!
was about time they acknowledge they had issues!!
if it really fixes BSOD, i think i'll be able to recommend SandForced SSD's again!!
eskro Wrote:was about time they acknowledge they had issues!!
if it really fixes BSOD, i think i'll be able to recommend SandForced SSD's again!!
This revelation just dumped the entire problem in the lap of Sandforce. All cross-hairs will be aimed squarely at them. The heat is on.
Just to clarify what was written and said, the information is pertaining to 2nd generation (SF-2200) SataIII - 6gb/s Sandforce drives.
They still need to address the problems with (SF-1222) SataII - 3gb/s BSOD.
Time to start checking for firmware updates for older drives........ for those of us who own a "problem child".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SandForce Firmware Bug Causing BSOD0