AQ and VQ percentages low
I'm getting ocassional dropped frames/sound dropouts and it usually coincides with the VQ and AQ percentages going very low.

Watching normal videos, these percentages are very high and I don't have this problem. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

I'm using the latest binary build.
VQ/AQ values are the buffer levels of the video and audio buffers. 0 means empty queue, which will result in thos drops.

you can change the minimal required buffer level buffer pvr playback starts via as.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>10</minaudiocachelevel>
  </pvr>
</advancedsettings>
this changes the minimum cache level to 10% instead of the default (5%). switching channels and starting playback on a channel will become a bit slower.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
cheers

any reason why they suddenly drop to zero? It even happens with free to air stations.
bad (w)lan connection, busy server, ... pick something Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Don't have this problem with an ipad2, seems like an nvidia ion issue.
(2011-10-24, 13:25)dushmaniac Wrote: VQ/AQ values are the buffer levels of the video and audio buffers. 0 means empty queue, which will result in thos drops.

you can change the minimal required buffer level buffer pvr playback starts via as.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>10</minaudiocachelevel>
  </pvr>
</advancedsettings>
this changes the minimum cache level to 10% instead of the default (5%). switching channels and starting playback on a channel will become a bit slower.

I'm having the same problem but with a twist: Tried your solution and it works fine if I switch to a new channel, it does however reset as soon as I want to switch the audio language on that channel (most of my tv comes in dual language so I change that quite a lot), as soon as the audio channel is switched the buffer goes back to 1-2% on AQ and I'm getting drops every now and then.

Is that a problem with the backend plugin I'm using or the main pvr code?

debug log please
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Here you go, actions in the debug log:

- Starting TV Channel
- Audio buffers to 6-7% as forced in advancedsettings
- Switching to 2nd Audio Channel
- Audio Buffer at 1-2%
- Stopping

http://pastebin.com/y3zm6YNK

System

XBMC (11.0 Git:Unknown) (latest stable from pulse-eight)
Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 11.10 - XBMCbuntu, 3.2.0-24-generic i686)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AQ and VQ percentages low0