No library mode
I did a fresh jailbreak and install of xbmc yesterday using the 2011-10-22 build. I get quite a few crashes (not when playing video) and I can't get access to a library mode. Have I made some sort of common mistake during installation?
If you use a central mysql database this was a error on the last days. You should be fine with the most current nightly version then.

Else we need logfiles (first link in my sig)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:If you use a central mysql database this was a error on the last days. You should be fine with the most current nightly version then.

Else we need logfiles (first link in my sig)

Not using a central DB. I'll have a play tonight and get back with log files.

Thanks
I'm still unable to get library info on my movies. It's not a permission thing as it's working fine with TV shows.

It seems that it's not saving my choice to set the content as type 'movies' when I 'edit source' or 'set content'. When I attempt this I get a quick pop up with something about cleaning the DB, then compressing the DB but then nothing happens. If try to edit/set the type again the content type is still not set.

I've had to trim a lot of the log content to get it in pastebin but hopefully the sqlite errors are the important bits.
http://pastebin.com/Xfdb6uQU
There are errors with the database. Maybe it didn't upgrade properly when changed versions.

My solution is pretty rough but it usually works. Someone may have a more subtle suggestion.

Exit xbmc, delete the video db and rescan the sources.
Code:
rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos56.db

NiggyG Wrote:I'm still unable to get library info on my movies. It's not a permission thing as it's working fine with TV shows.

It seems that it's not saving my choice to set the content as type 'movies' when I 'edit source' or 'set content'. When I attempt this I get a quick pop up with something about cleaning the DB, then compressing the DB but then nothing happens. If try to edit/set the type again the content type is still not set.

I've had to trim a lot of the log content to get it in pastebin but hopefully the sqlite errors are the important bits.
http://pastebin.com/Xfdb6uQU
g-off Wrote:There are errors with the database. Maybe it didn't upgrade properly when changed versions.

My solution is pretty rough but it usually works. Someone may have a more subtle suggestion.

Exit xbmc, delete the video db and rescan the sources.
Code:
rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos56.db

I'll give this a go, thanks.
It seems to be working, it's scanning through my files now. Thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No library mode0