Show media definition in lists (similar to AppleTV)
I have XBMC running on my AppleTV2, Macbook and Windows but only in the AppleTV2 can I seem to get the media definition i.e. HD or SD to show in the list as an icon next to the name. On the AppleTV2 there's an icon in blue for SD or green for HD next to the name and I'd like that on my other machines.

I should add that I can get the information to appear when I highlight a movie in the list and it appears in movie information but not in the list next to the name like the IMDB rating does. I'm not sure if this is because I've misconfigured something on the Mac and Windows machine or if it's a feature unique to the AppleTV2 skin.

Any ideas ?
This is probably due to the skin... I'm using "Night" and the HD/SD-Icons appear there...
What skin do you use?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I'm using Confluence. I tried downloading Night but couldn't seem to see any icons on that skin either. I must have something configured wrong, just not sure what
Do you use the same sources for ATV and alike? How are your files named? Do you only store the files, or do you add additional stuff like NFO, etc.?

Check the following setting:
Settings -> Videos -> File List -> Extract Thumbnail and Video Information
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Thanks for the quick response and support.

The source for the files is the same, it's a NAS so there should be no difference. I only store the files no other information although to be fair I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the NFO. Files are all named by movie title and they're all in one folder

I've gone through the settings you mentioned and theyre identical on both the Windows machine and the AppleTV as far as I can see
Sorry - then I am out of answers... don't know what is causing this...

The NFO-Files by the way are small text files which contain additional information on a movie - like the quality. XBMC reads those files and sets everything accordingly.

remember that XBMC for ATV2 is running eden (11), so it maybe a feature specific to eden.

are you running stable 10.1 (dharma) or nightlies on your macbook and windows machines?
karandras24 Wrote:remember that XBMC for ATV2 is running eden (11), so it maybe a feature specific to eden.
Oh, right - I hadn't thought of that one, that could probably the reason. Running pre-Eden over here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show media definition in lists (similar to AppleTV)0