Rip my old DVD - using Handbrake
Is it allowed to ask questions about ripping DVD´s in here?

I have tried to rip a few of my old DVD´s but they flicker and the quality seems a bit poor.

Does anyone know something about optimal settings for ripping DVD´s using handbrake to be played in Kodi?
Thread moved to supplimentary tools.

It's a bit of a grey area to be honest - the legality of ripping depends a great deal on where you actually are, and so the applicable local and national laws. Those vary from region to region and country to country.

As this isn't directly relating to Kodi you may be better off asking on their forum rather than here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-18, 13:33)Camsti Wrote: Does anyone know something about optimal settings for ripping DVD´s using handbrake to be played in Kodi?
I did not know that Handbrake also ripped DVD's. Maybe try https://www.makemkv.com/ instead.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
When I started out I picked up My Movies to do all the hard work of ripping my collection, Its not free but works great!
I once read a related article on WinXDVD website. I read the post again and here're the  recommended HandBrake settings to get good quality DVD rip file.

Video codec: H.264 (x264) video; Encoder Profile: High
HQ 480p30 Surround - Framerate: 30 (Peak Framerate); Constant Quality: 18-20 RF; Encoder Preset: Slow; Encoder Level: 3.1
Super HQ 480p30 Surround - Framerate: 30 (Peak Framerate); Constant Quality: 16 RF; Encoder Preset: Very Slow; Encoder Level: 3.1
HQ 576p25 Surround - Framerate: 25 (Peak Framerate); Constant Quality: 18-20 RF; Encoder Preset: Slow; Encoder Level: 3.1
Super HQ 576p25 Surround - Framerate: 25 (Peak Framerate); Constant Quality: 16 RF; Encoder Preset: Very Slow; Encoder Level: 3.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rip my old DVD - using Handbrake0