• 104(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
(2012-04-18, 16:43)hernandito Wrote: I am kind of on the fence on this one. Before anyone goes crazy implementing this, can people please chime in with their thoughts... with "Like Icons" or "No Icons"

Optional "Icons" or "No Icons" in the settings panel? Smile
I like the idea, but I think the icons should be Maraschino-fied.
IMO, they should be greyscaled to fit the style.

Just my IMO.

I also agree with an option for 4 columns, I did try once, but it went wrong. I could add to the fourth column, but the module didnt stay in it. I gave up after a while.

Also, just a heads up - although seems to be working for you - Maraschino is designed and works best from Google Chrome. Those scrollbars look ugly! Big Grin
Internet Explorer is for kids.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Would it be possible to create a sort of pull-down menu function?

For example, my application list is so huge that some add-on's are out of sight/screen. Creating a pull-down function for it would be great.
I would like to compact some add-on's so i got the most important stuff on my screen en can pull down the ones i need.
(2012-04-19, 01:06)schumi2004 Wrote: Would it be possible to create a sort of pull-down menu function?

For example, my application list is so huge that some add-on's are out of sight/screen. Creating a pull-down function for it would be great.
I would like to compact some add-on's so i got the most important stuff on my screen en can pull down the ones i need.

At the risk of sounding sacrilegious, I have created a work around. Back in the old MFP days, I created a frames html page where a top html housed a list of shortcuts that all opened on larger window below. I could toggle back and forth between all the apps and the Maraschino screen.

Not elegant, but for the time being, it does the job nicely. I could envision doing these links all as little pull down thingys like the "Settings" button on top left and the other mini menu on top right. These should definitely have mini gey-scale icons to keep the look nice, clean and minimal.

I have to change the old MFP logo (which I designed...Wink )

Something like the mockup I just made would be great....

Please know that I do not have the skills to do this... all I can do is come up with the idea.
(2012-04-19, 05:17)hernandito Wrote: Something like the mockup I just made would be great....

Please know that I do not have the skills to do this... all I can do is come up with the idea.

Yeah, something like that. I don't have the skills myself also but maybe others will jump into this.
Ive been working on a trakt.tv module for the last few days and thought i would share what i have so far with you guys..
I have taken the recommendations module and added a bit more.
The current features include trending, friends list, calendar (thanks DPickles for the tip), profile (with library, watchlist, loved and hated) and recommendations.
Check it out here: http://youtu.be/9bYHdlqJe4k

The friends and profile views also show you what the user is watching (if they are watching something).
The video is more to show off the functionality, it is not the final product.
If anyone would like to test it out its on my git repo https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/tree/traktplus
Looks pretty cool. Going to test it.

edit:
My first problem seems to be fixed.
(2012-04-19, 12:33)N3MIS15 Wrote: Ive been working on a trakt.tv module for the last few days and thought i would share what i have so far with you guys..
I have taken the recommendations module and added a bit more.
The current features include trending, friends list, calendar (thanks DPickles for the tip), profile (with library, watchlist, loved and hated) and recommendations.
Check it out here: http://youtu.be/9bYHdlqJe4k

The friends and profile views also show you what the user is watching (if they are watching something).
The video is more to show off the functionality, it is not the final product.
If anyone would like to test it out its on my git repo https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/tree/traktplus

This looks great! You've done an amazing job with this one. I love how you've managed to fit so much information into such a small space. I'll test this out when I get home from work tonight.

My only real suggestion would be to perhaps add the times to the calendar as well?
(2012-04-20, 04:17)DPickles Wrote: This looks great! You've done an amazing job with this one. I love how you've managed to fit so much information into such a small space. I'll test this out when I get home from work tonight.

My only real suggestion would be to perhaps add the times to the calendar as well?

Done. Its on the repo. I just wanna give a heads up on load times for trakt as it can be quite slow at times. (there is a delay in the module loading to try and compensate for this) The images can add further load times so i have attempted an image caching system. It saves the images to /static/images/trakt and in theory load times should improve as time goes on as it will load any previously viewed images localy and will only need to download new images..
Nice work with the trakt modul, it looks amazing!
Hello! Looking great. Two things:

1. Can we get notifications built in?
2. Can we get a TVHeadEnd Icon?

Thanks!
(2012-04-21, 02:16)oneadvent Wrote: Hello! Looking great. Two things:

1. Can we get notifications built in?
2. Can we get a TVHeadEnd Icon?

Thanks!

Notifications of what exactly?
@N3MIS15
I have added traktplus but for some reason the images won't load.

can you give me the url of an image and also check if the images are being created in /static/images/trakt. check if there is anything in the log as well
EDIT: i just pushed a change to use the remote image if maraschino is unable to create the files
Img url http://10.0.0.20:7000/static/images/trak....1-138.jpg

I don't see image dir ( trakt/shows/ ) getting created, maybe a rights issue? I'm using it on OpenELEC.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4