• 113(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
(2012-05-21, 21:01)hernandito Wrote: If you get to the terminal you may want to type the following commands first:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
sudo apt-get install cherrypy

If the program name is not the right name, it may tell you what it is.
The low end set tops are perfect for running OpenElec.... I have tried XBMC.Live, and XBMCbuntu (lots of crashes on movie playback) and finally OE... as easy as it can get.

Questions...

Python is already installed
-- current location: /volume1/@appstore/python

Sickbeard install has Cherrypy in it... can I use that or does CPy need to be somewhere specific for Maraschino to use it?
-- current location: /volume1/@appstore/sickbeard/share/SickBeard/cherrypy
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Maraschino only uses the wsgiserver from cherrypy. It is included with Maraschino, no external libs need to be installed.. Running maraschino should be as easy as 'python /path/to/maraschino/maraschino-cherrypy.py' (after creating settings.py)
In case when you type python and you get an unknown command (meaning python is not in your path) you need to type:

/volume1/@appstore/python /path/to/maraschino/maraschino-cherrypy.py
(2012-01-14, 05:35)DejaVu Wrote: OMFG!

I have just realised I can now use my Laptop keyboard to operate my ATV2 with the fantastic Keyboard add-on gugahoi has created.
Sure as shit beats using that poxy Apple Remote.
Chalk up another great reason for using Maraschino!!!

--EDIT
My next post on XBMC Forums better be a goodun. Wink
Bring on the Spam Police.
<----

Can you explain how you installed this on your atv2? Blush
(2012-05-23, 21:55)Fire69 Wrote:
(2012-01-14, 05:35)DejaVu Wrote: OMFG!

I have just realised I can now use my Laptop keyboard to operate my ATV2 with the fantastic Keyboard add-on gugahoi has created.
Sure as shit beats using that poxy Apple Remote.
Chalk up another great reason for using Maraschino!!!

--EDIT
My next post on XBMC Forums better be a goodun. Wink
Bring on the Spam Police.
<----

Can you explain how you installed this on your atv2? Blush

Not positive, but I think he runs Maraschino (and all his other apps) on a different system, what he was talking about is having Maraschino send the keyboard commands to the ATV2.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-05-23, 12:47)hernandito Wrote: In case when you type python and you get an unknown command (meaning python is not in your path) you need to type:

/volume1/@appstore/python /path/to/maraschino/maraschino-cherrypy.py

I have not had time to work on this yet but I will try your suggestions tomorrow and report back. Thank you!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
MrK:
I was wondering if you could change the info on your FAQ page about the portal. Obviously you can word it however you want, but below is a suggestion for the change.

Maraschino user hernandito created a frame wrapper for Maraschino called Maraschino Portal, which shows Maraschino inside a frame. Outside of the frame are a number of useful tools, such as RSS feeds and drop-down menus to various forums and related sites and tools. It requires Maraschino to be installed as normal.

I didn't add it to Maraschino by default as it's not the specific direction that I wanted to take it in, but lots of people like it (and I do think that it's pretty cool!)

Here's a screenshot if you want to take a look, and you can get it on GitHub.

To:
Originally created by Maraschino user hernandito (under the name "Maraschino Portal") before collaborating with fellow user Archigos and becoming HTPCPortal, this frame wrapper is dedicated to your Home Theater needs.
With Maraschino at the forefront, the outer area are a number of useful tools, including RSS Feeds, drop-down menus, and access to most of your other HTPC Applications as well as limited control of XBMC itself (Take Screenshots, Play/Pause, etc).

I didn't add it to Maraschino by default as it's not the specific direction that I wanted to take it in, but lots of people like it (and I do think that it's pretty cool!)

Where to find more information:
Image Gallery - Forums - Download on GitHub

----
On a different note: I've checked GitHub and haven't noticed any activity for Maraschino in the last 4 days and have the latest version running, but I'm getting non stop errors in the Python window in regards to wgiserver. It doesn't break Maraschino or anything, but it's annoying as hell... Also images no longer display in Maraschino (for the last week or so), which I think is related to a recent XBMC JSON change. (The bottom area or via any modules.)
While watching a movie, the image that should be in the bottom left corner gave me "http://kephale.local:7000/xhr/vfs_proxy/image://C%3a%5cHTPC-Apps%5c.sources%5cMovies%5cThe%20Witches%20of%20Oz%20%282011%29%5cmovie.tbn" for it's location and I did verify that there is a valid tbn in that location.

wgiserver errors (repeats this same block over and over):
Code:
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
ValueError('need more than 1 value to unpack',)
Traceback (most recent call last);
     File "C:\HTPC-Apps\.apps\Maraschino\lib\wsgiserver\wsgiserver2.py", line 1292, in communicate
          req.parse_request()
     File "C:\HTPC-Apps\.apps\Maraschino\lib\wsgiserver\wsgiserver2.py", line 580, in parse_request
          success = self.read_request_line()
     File "C:\HTPC-Apps\.apps\Maraschino\lib\wsgiserver\wsgiserver2.py", line 643, in read_request_line
          scheme, authority, path = self, parse_request_uri(uri)
     File "C:\HTPC-Apps\.apps\Maraschino\lib\wsgiserver\wsgiserver2.py", line 805, in parse_request_uri
          authority, path = remainder.split(FORWARD_SLASH, 1)
The actual log for Maraschino essentially contains: "WARNING :: Could not retrieve number of columns settings. Defaulting to 3." a few hundred times.

P.S. Enjoy your upcoming vacation/trip to Mexico. Smile
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Is someone already working on a CouchPotato Server V2 module?
(2012-05-25, 18:00)schumi2004 Wrote: Is someone already working on a CouchPotato Server V2 module?

I started when it started being coded but there was no documentation about it's API so I thought I'd wait a little longer. It should have a better documentation by now but I dont have the time to do it at the moment. You can check it out on my repository's branch called couchpotato and build on it if you wish otherwise anyone is welcome to give it a try and code as they please.
Maraschino - github - website
All quiet in here for a while, so thought I'd bring up the major recent changes made to Headphones by Rembo.
It may now be time to look into something for Maraschino for it as it now includes it's own API and has had a massive new revamp!

Also now includes a new Musicbrainz mirror for those that want to use it.
It does cost a $10 donation to use, but considering the response time from Mirrorbrainz itself, it maybe worth considering.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
(2012-05-31, 04:43)DejaVu Wrote: All quiet in here for a while, so thought I'd bring up the major recent changes made to Headphones by Rembo.
It may now be time to look into something for Maraschino for it as it now includes it's own API and has had a massive new revamp!

It does cost a $10 donation to use, but considering the response time from Mirrorbrainz itself, it maybe worth considering.

I totally concur.... The interface is really pro now... DO NOT BOTHER to use it without the $10 donation thing.. it is unusable without it.... I felt I was being scammed, but took the leap of faith and what a treat.

Hi people Smile

mrkipling - Maraschino is just brilliant Smile

I am using it on my openelec system - don't know if it is important in any way.

One thing I would like is that apps open in new tab -could you just point me
to the part of code which holds setting for that so I can edit it

thank you and thank you for all your hard work on Maraschino

Chears
any updated pics and features that have been implemented?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
nothing major other than having the option to open apps in new tabs... in a couple of weeks i think there will be more activity on this...
Maraschino - github - website
(2012-05-31, 04:43)DejaVu Wrote: All quiet in here for a while, so thought I'd bring up the major recent changes made to Headphones by Rembo.

something like this?
Very much a work in progress.. Thats an old video btw, its a bit different now..
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4