• 119(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
Todays batch of updates, hope you appreciate the video Cool

Maraschino - github - website
nice work gugahoi. the fade out when deleting is a nice touch
Nice work Gugahoi, what about the ability to choose your quality direct from this module? I assume it is defaulting to your default quality set in couchpotato? Maybe have an option to not default to your normal quality after clicking on the selected movie, but instead, another alert appears asking for quality?

PS Maraschino has advanced in leaps and bounds since I was last here! Amazing work guys!
(2012-06-26, 13:11)Jennifer346 Wrote: Awesome job! going to kill mediafrontpage!ImageImageImage

If running a windows server would it be possible to use WampServer 2.2a?

Maraschino - github - website
(2012-06-26, 07:47)gugahoi Wrote: Todays batch of updates, hope you appreciate the video Cool

That looks awesome!

I installed Maraschino on my windows 2003 server. I just downloaded a zip of the master. Will this eventually update from within Maraschino using the update or is there another way I can test this out?

Please forgive me, a bit of a noob when it comes to git and what not.

Thank you to everyone for this awesome software!
When there is a new commit on github it will alert you from inside marashcino that your version is behind and ask if you want to update.
Can you watch a video in your browser from xbmc with maraschino?
(2012-06-26, 07:47)gugahoi Wrote: Todays batch of updates, hope you appreciate the video Cool

Is this in the main branch yet? Updater says that I am on the most updated version although mine is already over a week "old".
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2012-06-26, 18:24)steve1977 Wrote: Is this in the main branch yet? Updater says that I am on the most updated version although mine is already over a week "old".

nope, it's on Gugahoi's couchpotato branch. Looking forward to it being merged though!
(2012-06-26, 17:54)_Mikie_ Wrote: Can you watch a video in your browser from xbmc with maraschino?

I don't think so.

I know most of my videos are .mkv and there's no way that would stream well over the internet (my upload at home sucks). I know they have mobile apps that will stream to your mobile device. It basically re-encodes the video on the fly so it plays smooth over the internet.

I use airvideo on iOS myself.
Steve, have the updates ever worked? If not you will need to put a Version.txt file in maraschino folder. There was a bug in the updater early on where it didn't find updates for people not using git. Creating a file called Version.txt should solve it (it should say u have an unknown version). If it doesn't you will need to manually update to fix the bug.
(2012-06-27, 00:26)N3MIS15 Wrote: Steve, have the updates ever worked? If not you will need to put a Version.txt file in maraschino folder. There was a bug in the updater early on where it didn't find updates for people not using git. Creating a file called Version.txt should solve it (it should say u have an unknown version). If it doesn't you will need to manually update to fix the bug.

Nope, never worked. Do I need to put any text inside the "version.txt" file or just an empty file?
(2012-06-26, 21:12)SlackMaster Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 17:54)_Mikie_ Wrote: Can you watch a video in your browser from xbmc with maraschino?

I don't think so.

I know most of my videos are .mkv and there's no way that would stream well over the internet (my upload at home sucks). I know they have mobile apps that will stream to your mobile device. It basically re-encodes the video on the fly so it plays smooth over the internet.

I use airvideo on iOS myself.

Actually, you can. There is subsonic (subsonic.org), which allows you to stream to your web browser. Quite amazing and probably one of the most under appreciated apps around. Works well with both music and video. Also re-econdes on the fly, so your mkvs won't be a problem.

The most amazing thing would be a widget specific to it. There is an API, so it should be doable. Unfortunately, I lack the capabilities to code it. :-(
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Steve, put this in there then it shoul work:

aabc463270f06cfea482aec1e5699647268f3d66
I have a main Maraschino folder (extracted from the zip that I downloaded from the main branch) and inside that a folder called "Maraschino". Which folder does the Version.txt file go in. Also, would it be possible to have a version number somewhere in the GUI and then a version number listed on the master branch at GIT?

After I put the text file in the folder, do I have to restart Maraschino or just check for an update?
The Version.txt file lives in the same location as the README.MD file and if I recall, it being empty will force an update.
If your on old version from git, you might not be able to do it due to Git's recent API changes and a full re-clone will be required - which is the best way IMO, least you know your upto speed and you can live safe in the knowledge you shouldnt have to do it again. Wink

Also, version numbers for Maraschino do not really exist as such, they where discussed a while back with milestones on Lighthouseapp, but nothing really got finalised... but I guess putting the Commits SHA reference in the Server Settings menu somewhere in grey wouldnt' hurt. Thought's N3MI?

@N3MIS15
I have had an odd occurrence yesterday after updating. My maraschino folder was originally cloned into /home/xbmc/.maraschino
I updated, now that folder has completely vanished - but Maraschino still loads.
Has it been given a new permanent fixed address somewhere else?

--EDIT
Nevermind, I'm a tool. Found it - it's where I left it. Doh. Big Grin

PS - I cannot bear the wait anymore - just pulled in G's CP module branch...
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4