• 2(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
snoopy1492 Wrote:Wow, that was fast!

So now, the XBMC latest episodes and currently playing work Big Grin, but I still don't have the trakt widget showing up... Sad

Thanks for the update!

PS: I would propose my help for this project as I'm a web developper myself, but I don't know anything about Python...

Short version: Trakt should now be working Smile

Long version: I'm guessing that you probably weren't using the trakt plugin to scrobble what you're watching from XBMC. The app used to make an API call to trakt to fetch what you're currently watching; this was good in some ways because trakt has some pretty useful info, and pretty lame in others because trakt is slow (both to update what you're watching and to make API calls to). (EDIT: this is not the case any more, trakt fixed these issues). Also, as I suspect the case may be here, if you're not scrobbling to trakt then it wouldn't know what you're watching and you wouldn't ever see the trakt module. I fixed this by changing the app so that it now uses what you're watching locally, and only uses the trakt API to get shouts.

I also changed the setting TRAKT_BACKGROUNDS to FANART_BACKGROUNDS as it now pulls fanart from your local XBMC machine vs. from trakt. A benefit of this is that you no longer need to use the trakt module if you want to have automatically switching fanart backgrounds.
Ok, good to know Smile

I'll test that tonight, I can't connect to my server, there was a power surge at my place and everything need to be restarted (I really need to setup wake-on-lan...)

Anyway, I was already using trakt to scrobble what I was watching, but not since the plugin was not fully working with pre-Eden build.

I'll let you know in a few hours if it's working Smile
@mrkipling since you're requiring eden, I would recommend using trakt utilities to handle scrobbling vs. the current dharma trakt plugin. Eden allows it to be notified and send updates to trakt instantly so it would solve that issue. The dharma plugin has to poll on a timer to see what is being watched which unfortunately makes it not instant.

I'd also be interested to get more details about the API slowness you are experiencing. Feel free to email support@ with any details so we can investigate.

Edit: API slowness seems to be caused by one of our providers. Have a ticket with them to fix it.

Cool project and looking forward to future (trakt!) enhancements.
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
Awesome. Just got it working behind nginx + gunicorn!

http://cl.ly/0B3p002g3O2w1F2O270P
rectifyer Wrote:@mrkipling since you're requiring eden, I would recommend using trakt utilities to handle scrobbling vs. the current dharma trakt plugin. Eden allows it to be notified and send updates to trakt instantly so it would solve that issue. The dharma plugin has to poll on a timer to see what is being watched which unfortunately makes it not instant.

I'd also be interested to get more details about the API slowness you are experiencing. Feel free to email support@ with any details so we can investigate.

Edit: API slowness seems to be caused by one of our providers. Have a ticket with them to fix it.

Cool project and looking forward to future (trakt!) enhancements.

Thanks for the advice - I only started using pre-Eden a few days ago and didn't know that trakt had an updated plugin. I'll be sure to set that up over the weekend.

Glad that you figured out what's the causing the API slowness too Smile
rudf0rd Wrote:Awesome. Just got it working behind nginx + gunicorn!

http://cl.ly/0B3p002g3O2w1F2O270P

Looking good! Now that people are using it I should probably be careful not to break anything on master :p
This looks real good! I helped develop MediaFrontPage for quite some time earlier this year. Created quite a few widgets, so if you're looking for some help, hit me up. One problem is I am quite new to python... all of MFP's coding was php/javascript.
Maraschino - github - website
gugahoi Wrote:This looks real good! I helped develop MediaFrontPage for quite some time earlier this year. Created quite a few widgets, so if you're looking for some help, hit me up. One problem is I am quite new to python... all of MFP's coding was php/javascript.

Thanks for the offer. There's still a fair bit of work to be done... player controls, recommendation widget, trakt upgrades (like the ability to add shouts), perhaps even library browsing. It's all on github so feel free to fork and have a play around - if you know PHP then Python shouldn't be too intimidating, and it'd be a good excuse to learn Smile

If you have any ideas for modules/features/improvements/etc. or have any questions about how the code works (for example, the modules system that I've put in place) then let me know.
Also, I'm taking suggestions for a new name. "HTPC Frontend" is a bit... generic? Smile
I pushed some more changes today:

* Clicking a recently added episode now plays it
* Added a new "media library" module which allows you to browse your movies and TV shows, and click to play them in XBMC
* Added play/pause and stop controls to the currently playing bar
* Created a project homepage with more up-to-date setup instructions: http://mrkipling.github.com/htpc-frontend/

Things that I added last week and didn't mention:

* Pagination of recently added episodes
* Made the trakt module much more efficient and faster - instead of polling it now only fetches it when what you're watching has changed
* Nicer styling for the SABnzbd+ module (including a progress bar)
* Various small bugfixes and tweaks
Hey man, this looks great!

Would it be possible to get it integrated into XBMC as an addon? Like the web UIs...

Only reason I ask is because of the way OpenElec works. You can't install anything to the OS, unless it runs through the XBMC interface I don't believe.

I'm not sure how to go about this, but if you don't know yet are interested, I don't mind scouting out the right info. I work with Python a bit in VFX, but not with GIT/Application stuff, just app centric scripting.
niietzshe Wrote:Hey man, this looks great!

Would it be possible to get it integrated into XBMC as an addon? Like the web UIs...

Only reason I ask is because of the way OpenElec works. You can't install anything to the OS, unless it runs through the XBMC interface I don't believe.

I'm not sure how to go about this, but if you don't know yet are interested, I don't mind scouting out the right info. I work with Python a bit in VFX, but not with GIT/Application stuff, just app centric scripting.

Thanks!

This was actually suggested to me recently, and it would definitely be much better if it were available as plugin. Creating XBMC web interface plugins is not something that I know that much about, but I'm going to have a look and see if it would be possible in Eden.
Cool, I'll have a look around and give you any resources I find.
niietzshe Wrote:Cool, I'll have a look around and give you any resources I find.

Thanks, that would be much appreciated.
Hi I have been trying to figure out how to install this on my xbmclive machine, i have all the files downloaded and installed the mod_wgi but have no idea where to go from here, any help would be appreciated
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4