• 91(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
Just put in a Pull Request for this. (Finally, my first working module!!)
Can be expanded on and probably will, but seeing it's functional, I cannot see a reason not to use it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGSPrJX0MFM

Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
N3MIS15 Wrote:I have put together a weather module using googles 'secret' api.
If anyone wants to try it out you can get it here: https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/tree/weather

Looking great. Any chance to see this in the main repo?

Also, anyone working on an update functionality? That's for me the most pressing need...

Thanks a ton to all of you working on the development!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Main repo has had a couple of updates this week. Seems as though MrKipling might be occupied on other things though lately. I'm sure an update is coming, just have to wait for him to find some time.

I would like to also point out a strange problem with the Transmission module.

I'll try and explain...
My setup all runs and is installed on my Revo with XBMCBuntu - including Tranmission @ 192.168.0.5

If I load Maraschino (192.168.0.5:7000) up from my Windows machine it fails to initialise.

Now if copy the entire maraschino folder to my windows machine, run Maraschino.py from there and load localhost:7000, it shows details of Transmission that's on XBMCBuntu PC.

I have no user/pass setup and the settings.json file for transmission is -
Quote: "rpc-whitelist": "192.168.*.*",
"rpc-whitelist-enabled": true,

Any ideas?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Maybe try adding 127.0.0.1 or localhost to whitelist. Not sure if it will work tho Smile
Either that worked or I was premature moaning about the Transmission module.

It does take a while to initialise that module for some reason though, but seems to be working now. Smile

--EDIT
I seemed to have tripped over N3MIS15's Weather module and...

Next step, try and do this for the wind direction/speed... hmm.

I did try and create an IF statement for weather_use_metric = °C, ELSE = °F. But that wouldnt take properly for some reason.
I did have c and f in initialy for current weather but I got lazy And couldn't be bothered adding it to the rest so I removed it.

EDIT: added them back in. see latest commits
BTW, i like the syling you did. find a way to get current in there and i will happily change my branch with that 1.
N3MIS15 Wrote:i like the syling you did. find a way to get current in there and i will happily change my branch with that 1.

Added F/C status. Added Current.

I feel it's a tad nicer now...

BUT, I've accidentally made the changes on my "to be added", 'Mega Merge' branch...

Will upload it first, then try and branch out to a diff and send a Pull Request to you.

--EDIT
Any ideas about trying to make the wind direction an image as above?
I figure the image can be a background image from one of 8 for N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W & NW, (which I can make no problem) with the speed overlayed using a Div. But manipulating strings (Wind: SW at 7 mph) is not really my field (yet).
DejaVu Wrote:Added F/C status. Added Current.
Any ideas about trying to make the wind direction an image as above?
I figure the image can be a background image from one of 8 for N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W & NW, (which I can make no problem) with the speed overlayed using a Div. But manipulating strings (Wind: SW at 7 mph) is not really my field (yet).

Code:
if wind.find(': N') != -1:
        wind_image = imagepath + "N.png"
    elif wind.find(': E') != -1:
        wind_image = imagepath + "E.png"
    elif wind.find(': S') != -1:
        wind_image = imagepath + "S.png"
    elif wind.find(': W') != -1:
        wind_image = imagepath + "W.png"
    elif wind.find(': NE') != -1:
        wind_image = imagepath + "NE.png"
    elif wind.find(': SE') != -1:
        wind_image = imagepath + "SE.png"
    elif wind.find(': SW') != -1:
        wind_image = imagepath + "SW.png"
    elif wind.find(': NW') != -1:
        wind_image = imagepath + "NW.png"

something like that should work then add wind_image to render template
The weather module has undergone a complete ovhaul with all new layout and compact view thanks to dejavu.

You can try it out here: https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/tree/weather
Trying to get this functioning. Wink
Can see the initial commit here.

The seriously simple link I've been using to send a message to XBMC is -
[noparse]http://XBMC_IP:PORT/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(Notification(Maraschino,Test Message,12000,https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/raw/master/static/images/maraschino_logo.png))[/noparse]
Is there a parameter to move the root web folder? I’m trying to get this running with a reverse proxy behind nginx at mydomain.com/maraschino
I don't think there is, a quick look seems to indicate paths are hardcoded. Pity, as I wanted to do the same thing.
There was a solution posted for apache, maybe this will help:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=102...count=1306
Is there any way i change change the size of the modules, etc?

Dont some have some tips on how to change the stuff and make it more uniqe?
has anyone successfully gotten maraschino running 100% on arch linux? not having very much luck with everything working.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4