HarryRosen Wrote:Hi I have been trying to figure out how to install this on my xbmclive machine, i have all the files downloaded and installed the mod_wgi but have no idea where to go from here, any help would be appreciated
If you don't have any experience of setting up a webserver then it might prove a bit tricky. I'd love to make it easier to set up, but it's early days yet, and as it currently stands it does require a little bit of technical know-how.
Have you followed the instructions on the project page, in particular paying attention to the instructions that I linked to on the Flask website?
If you've never set up a site using Apache before then the following might not make much sense, but the basic steps are:
* Clone the git repository into a directory such as "/var/www/htpc-frontend"
* Copy settings_example.py to settings.py and fill out the settings (or for testing purposes, until you've got Apache serving the site you could remove all modules)
* Create a wsgi file (e.g. "htpcfrontend.wsgi") in the directory that you cloned htpcfrontend into. It could look like this:
from htpcfrontend import app as application
* Create an Apache configuration file for the site in sites-available, which tells Apache about the wsgi file that you just created (example on the Flask website)
* Enable the site (e.g. "sudo a2ensite htpcfrontend", assuming that you named the site htpcfrontend)
* Restart Apache (e.g. "sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart")
Hope that helps.