Harmony 1100 remote
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=920...stcount=14

Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
eskro Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=920...stcount=14

One of the images doesn't show in that thread, and I'm not using windows
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
ok can't you map keyboard letters to your HARD BUTTONS?
Kode Wrote:One of the images doesn't show in that thread, and I'm not using windows

eskro Wrote:ok can't you map keyboard letters to your HARD BUTTONS?

I'll give it a go tomorrow, but as I said there aren't many hardware buttons and it wouldn't be very intuative, there is just volume up and down, channel up and down, mute, direction pad, ok, previous, page up and page down
thats weird...
i wonder why u dont get the choices i do

Also, since your under linux,
certain IR receivers might not be good overall...
those that are confirmed working without issues are listed in my HTPC guide...
their can be more out there but, at least, those listed are tested confirmed working,,,
Thanks for your help so far eskro, it's appreciated, I'm off to bed now though, so I'll have another go tomorrow, it's not a huge deal, only thing that I actually miss is the virtualisation thing, which is tab on the keyboard and E on the harmony one, for when I have music playing
eskro Wrote:thats weird...
i wonder why u dont get the choices i do

Well I would imagine the biggest reason is because in your screen shot it says the settings are for a 650 and mine is for a 1100 so the buttons available will be different.

The remote side works well, it's just the keyboard side that doesn't seem to be working as expected.
all good,,, but still, i wonder why u dont get the Keyboard choices that i do...
your remote is way pricier then my 650....
it should be able to do basic stuff like that...
maybe send a email to harmony tech support...
that would be a good question for them!!
This is sounding a lot like my old issue.. I have a Harmony 650 like Eskro, and I couldn't get the remote to work initially.

I am like you.. when I use the MCE remote in the Devices.. most navigation things work. But using the MCE Keyboard, you can get more XBMC functionality.

I mapped all the buttons in the screens like you provided, but I also had to add the keys to the XBMC activity as well.

During the setup, I had to enter in the keymaps twice. Once under the MCE Keyboard "Device" and then a second time under the "Activity".

In the Activity, you have to choose the Device and the Keymap. So your Directionleft etc. will be bound to the Keyboard device and Left Command, but you may want to bind the volume to such as your Amplifier Device and VolumUp Command etc.

I think this is your missing link. It was mine.

Another obvious boo-boo for me was to point the remote flat (on a table) at the IR device. Angle it up a bit, I think the IR blaster doesn't come out of the top end, but more at the rounded edge/bottom corner.
Seen this screen? This is the setup needed in the XBMC Activity

And when you fire up XBMC, press the Activity on your Harmony.. and navigate away bro Smile
Here is a step-by-step that solved my issues..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=911...stcount=35
Thanks Digital Vortex however, I don't think that is the issue. An activity isn't an absolutely required step as it just groups devices and maps keys to commands, so you might have the hard volume buttons controlling the AV receiver volume, and the the hard channel buttons mapped to page up and down on the htpc. Also I know the IR receiver is registering the presses as I can see it doing so.

I do actually have the keyboard as part of my XBMC activity anyway, but I have been trying to get it working under devices first as that removes a point of failure.

@eskro - I'm not sure what you mean by not having the same keyboard options as you do? In the dropdowns there is every keyboard key possible, it just seems like either the wrong codes are being sent or my IR receiver doesn't know what to do with them.
Kode Wrote:Thanks Digital Vortex however, I don't think that is the issue. An activity isn't an absolutely required step as it just groups devices and maps keys to commands, so you might have the hard volume buttons controlling the AV receiver volume, and the the hard channel buttons mapped to page up and down on the htpc. Also I know the IR receiver is registering the presses as I can see it doing so.

I do actually have the keyboard as part of my XBMC activity anyway, but I have been trying to get it working under devices first as that removes a point of failure.

@eskro - I'm not sure what you mean by not having the same keyboard options as you do? In the dropdowns there is every keyboard key possible, it just seems like either the wrong codes are being sent or my IR receiver doesn't know what to do with them.
You're right, the keyboard keys as emulated by the Harmony should work when using it Device mode.

Is your keyboard device on the Harmony definitely "MCE Keyboard"?

I think you mentioned your XBMC install in not on Windows, if so what version are you running? Live/Linux/OSX/iOS?

Since that's a official Microsoft IR receiver then it should be a RC6 receiver which all XBMC needs, however as a sanity check, perhaps plug it into a Windows PC and check it registers as a "ehome" device as eskro has already pointed out at http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=920...stcount=14

I always suggest creating a specific XBMC Activity for a couple of reasons:

1. Harmony's are very Activity centric so it's best to get used to using them even if you're not controlling multiple devices initially.

2. For best control of HTPC with XBMC then your XBMC Activity should have the following 3 Devices assigned:

- MCE Keyboard for mapping keyboard actions to the Harmony keys.

- MCE Remote for playback & navigation controls on the Harmony (better than keyboard actions as less lag).

- Windows Media Center SE for keyboard key combinations not available via the standard "MCE Keyboard" device e.g. Alt+F4 (not entirely sure whether these are Windows only)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 1100 remote0