• 2(current)
Shortage of Hard Drives Prices UP!
Harro Wrote:Ordered 2!! Total price of each with shipping 86.33.
Thanks Eskro Big Grin

PC Powerzone 2TB just went out..now only 1TB is available and for $99.95 No
For fellow canucks....

I don't immediately need, BUT just ordered 2 x WD20EARS for $90 a piece before shipping, tax. http://goo.gl/o3Abz

These were $69.99 as of Oct 12th @ NCIX; now no stock and the WD20EARX are $149.99 each.

My upgrade may need to happen within the 4-6 months this may last so better safe than sorry...I hope.:confused2:
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
WhiteLighter Wrote:PC Powerzone 2TB just went out..now only 1TB is available and for $99.95 No

ouch :/
WhiteLighter Wrote:I don't really pay much attention to SSD prices but does anyone noticed if SSD are also affected?
I haven't noticed this yet, but it'll happen at some point I bet. I just scored a 60 gig SATA III for $75 AR. Check out my post!
Sad maybe we'll get lucky during black friday. I'm looking to get 2 x 3TB Hitachis
Lightbulb 
jackh Wrote:Yes, I noticed! The WD20EARS was $75 for a long time at Memory Express and now it's $100 there. Still better than $120 though Smile

Prices are still on the move!! 2 days ago I saw the above price ($100); today follow that link and it says $110 Sad

I'd say the resellers are speculating and reaping some $$benefits$$ on existing inventory before the real shortages start... Stare
bonelifer Wrote:WD prices are going up due to flooding in Thailand where their manufacturing plants are. Depending on further flooding WD said it could be as long as 5-8 months to bring their plants back online. Seems a lot of HD manufacturers have part or all of their plants based in Thailand.

Good article on it: http://www.infoworld.com/t/hard-drives/t...kes-176453

This is not good. I noticed prices going up, but from this article they could go up quite a bit for a good amount of time. Right when I was in the market for quite a few drives No Bad timing.

shateredsoul Wrote:Sad maybe we'll get lucky during black Friday. SNIP
Since the deals have currently all but disappeared. I'm thinking at this point this might be our only hope as a halfway decent price. But probably nothing like the deals only a month ago.
I was going to post a deal today on HDs. It was for a 1.5T refurb. I can not in my right mind recommend a refurb drive, but that might really be all we get for a while.
Kirky99 Wrote:I was going to post a deal today on HDs. It was for a 1.5T refurb. I can not in my right mind recommend a refurb drive, but that might really be all we get for a while.
why not? to me, it's as good or better than the new model. i bought one refurb hdtv and one brand new hdtv with the same brand and model. i paid 2/3 of the new model price for the refurb. guess what, the refurb still working as good as the first day i received it and the brand new one died in january.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Kirky99,
Yeah I'd say post any deals.

wooaaaaaa, crazy o.O
WOW, I guess all the HD's are on the bottom floor of the building!!
i must be lucky...i got about 4x 2 TB drives that i could never be arsed to sell..i paid i think £68 for a couple of them each and the other two were no more than £80 each..guess ill be quids in...might just keep one in case i loose one in the server....................

Reminds me of the time when blank recordable media went short after an earthquake in taiwan
Wow no shit they went up. Glad I just bought 2, F4 2tb drives 2 months ago for $68 each
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortage of Hard Drives Prices UP!1