Error CRemoteControl
What mean error in the log:

Code:
22:14:31 T:3676   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
22:14:31 T:3676    INFO: CRemoteControl::Process - failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds
XBMC has built in support for remote control software called IR Server Suite (IRSS). The messages just record XBMC checking to see if IR Server Suite is running. They can be ignored.

Is anyone still using IR Server Suite?

JR
I have another error:
Code:
16:03:19 T:4076   ERROR: dll_fgets emulated function failed
What does that mean?

Thx
That's coming from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...msvcrt.cpp line 1076. Why the function is failing I don't know, though if everything is working it's probably harmless. If you enable debug logging and pop the debug log on http://pastebin.com/ I'll have a look.

JR
Did this ever get fixed, because i'm getting this problem with Beta 2, and it takes about 1 minute to get to the menu screen.
Taking 1 minute to get to the Home screen is unlikely to be related to either of the two errors mentioned above. The most likely cause is having zeroconf and/or airplay enabled in the settings.

JR
i made that mistake a while back, however this it the part from the debug log

12:07:44 T:6000 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 388 ms for 351 items query: select * from movieview
12:08:13 T:6080 DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 6080 terminating (autodelete)
12:08:54 T:1688 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": {"properties": ["resume", "genre", "studio", "tagline", "runtime", "fanart", "thumbnail", "file", "plot", "plotoutline", "year", "lastplayed", "rating"]}, "id": 1}
jhsrennie Wrote:Taking 1 minute to get to the Home screen is unlikely to be related to either of the two errors mentioned above. The most likely cause is having zeroconf and/or airplay enabled in the settings.

JR

So enabled AirPlay lags 1 minute on start time? New to me Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It may be a total coincidence but i'm using reFocus skin, and enabling the intro movie actually allows about 10 second total start time.

I'll post on the refocus part to see if they can look into it.

Although I still get about 30 seconds when I click quit too.
Memphiz Wrote:So enabled AirPlay lags 1 minute on start time? New to me Wink

Isn't it the result of enabling Airplay when you don't have the Bonjour service installed? I'm sure I've seen posts saying something like this. I have no iAnythings so I can't check myself unless of course the XBMC foundation would like to buy me a 4S :-)

JR
yeah if bonjour is not there it was slow ... wiso fixed the time needed to recognise that bonjour is missing - if i remember correct it shouldn't be an issue anymore...

also there is a toast dialog now which informs the user that bonjour is missing...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Seems my problem has been solved.

Running refocus skin, the watchlist script slows down xbmc loadup quite a bit.

So removing the <onload> tag items from home.xml and startup.xml, gives me near instant xbmc loadup.

This might help people, but it may not Smile
(2012-01-26, 12:39)jhsrennie Wrote: Taking 1 minute to get to the Home screen is unlikely to be related to either of the two errors mentioned above. The most likely cause is having zeroconf and/or airplay enabled in the settings.
I can confirm this issue on Windows, with some additional complications:

When I copied the Kodi userdata folder from LibreELEC to Windows, Kodi for Windows started exhibiting this slow startup issue, but Airplay and Zeroconf were NOT enabled in the U.I. on LibreELEC.  Airplay likewise does not appear as enabled in the Kodi Windows U.I.  However, I see that it is enabled in the Kodi user profile which was copied, and this was the source of the slow startup problem:

xml:
C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\profiles\Testing\guisettings.xml

xml:
<setting id="services.airplay" default="true">true</setting>

If I change the Airplay setting under this profile, or delete the profile and profiles.xml, Kodi starts more quickly.  (I initially did not notice that the Testing profile was the source of the problem because I expected Kodi to start with the Master User profile.)

Why am I reviving this old thread?  --Because the Backup utility which I need to migrate userdata across a network seems partially broken in current builds of Kodi, so data must be copied manually, and that creates problems like this.  So the issue still exists, and may become more common again.  The long startup issue is also problematic because nothing appears on screen in Windows when Kodi is launched, until that delay has elapsed.

In my opinion, Kodi should display the splash screen BEFORE attempting to initialize this service, and it should have a verbose boot mode which is similar to the one in Windows (where it tells you what services are starting before login).  Except for some cryptic message in the Kodi log, the U.I. communicates nothing to the user which would help them to troubleshoot this issue, and that is an undesirable behaviour.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error CRemoteControl0