Profile question
This is probably really dumb, but i am trying to set up a profile for my young son, i have sucessfully created the profile, however is there a way to stop sources being added, all of my content is on the same computer as XBMC (no network shares). I must be missing something obvious cos whats the point of having a restricted profile if he can add any source he wants?
You need to enable master mode then check the option "Lock Settings" that will also lock the "add source"
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Hmm, i have enabled the master lock, and on the profile i have created for the boy in the profile prefernereces i have locked every option but the movies, and when i log into that profie i can still add sources....
:o
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thanks for the help with this, it's driving me nuts, i have 2 profiles set up, The master user with the master code set up, and my sons profile is that how it should be?
ok found how it works now Rolleyes

As long as you have entered a lock code you can do the following from your profile you don't have to be in master mode as profiles are automatically locked as soon as you have entered a lock code

Go to profiles and highlight your sons profile and select enter your get a window with a bunch of preferences go to the bottom one named "Media Sources" and scroll through them until you find "Separate Locked" that's all you need to do after that there won't be a add source option in your sons profile

This might help not the best quality but your get the picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UIRlrUXFJY
Blush man that was easy, thank you for all of your help with this......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profile question0