• 10(current)
XBMC Nightlies Crashing on 1080p Playback
Jester Wrote:not near my atv2 at the moment, and this is for ipod/iphone, so BE CAREFUL
more instructions here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrpFbgWQo...r_embedded
or
http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318598

its something i want to try but its for an iphone lol and i can't find ANY info on the net for this ever being attempted on an ATV2 and i dont feel like being a guinea pig to be honest lol.

perhaps when i get another ATV2 i'll have a play and see what happens.

to Sarlic:
im with most everyone else here, i just got the ATV2 as a cheap "second room" box and seeing how good it actually is i've decided to pursue it further and get a few more for all the rooms in my house. however i still have a MAIN htpc box that i use for my main theater room as i want it to be able to handle EVERYTHING i throw at it. pretty much any setup of cheap up to date hardware will run xbmc and all media flawlessly these days, even with win 7 on it.
my main HTPC is still just running an old E6300 cpu with 4gb of ram and an ATI 3470.

all up i think it cost me about $200 about 3 years ago lol and its still going strong. i spent double that on the case for it lol.

but for just general watching of shows thru analog sound etc in my bedroom, loungroom, etc the ATV2 is perfect and OH so cheap and OH so small, hell its basically the same damn size as my IR receiver for my remote on my main box lol. hard to beat that. plus the remote is just sex.

it might have SOME issues playing SOME stuff but its a small price to pay for how cheap and small it is.

hell it takes all of like an hour to download a 720p movie anyway so any stuff i have issues with i just re-download in 720p and its fine. with 50tb of storage im not bothered lol just wish i lived in a country that didn't have stupid download limits on our internet lol.
1TB a month is just not enough these days hehe

Ned Scott Wrote:Actually that one uses a USB dongle like the Boxee remote. It's a rebranded Rii mini, but they do make a bluetooth version. I've got my eyes on the newest model, the Rii i6 that has bluetooth and learning-IR, and has a second side for "basic" controls:

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Bluetooth-Key...B005MN89BM

Should work on everything including the ATV2. Believe it or not, the touchpad would even work with an iPad.

if you end up getting this let me know, it looks pretty awesome and i've been looking at something similar for a while now and just havn't had the time to stuff around with it.

would be great if it works out cause i could upgrade my main HTPC remote finally to something i can use for the net etc as well alot easier. especially since i watch alot of NFL gamepass on my main setup and im sick of using the remote as a mouse lol.
Sooooo... just reviving my old thread here, in which we determined that the ATV2 just wasn't powerful enough to handle some of my MKV rips....

Anyone want to venture some guesses as to whether the new ATV3 will pack enough hardware to do it?

I do so miss my XBMC on ATV!
how should one guess this?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I was hoping there'd be some more news about what's hiding under the hood of the ATV3 by now that we might be able to hazard a guess. You guys understand this hardware stuff better than I do and I was curious if you could quantify the bump in power based on what this thing boasts.

By "my MKV rips" I meant more the "robust" type rips -- 20-30 GB, with DTS HD audio type rips.

To be sure, I'll pick one up once they are jailbreak-able and we know XBMC will run and test it out.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Nightlies Crashing on 1080p Playback0