FYI: yaVDR 0.4 is available
Hi,

I just wanted to point out that yaVDR 0.4 has been released. yaVDR is an attempt to integrate PVR enabled XBMC with VDR on top of Ubuntu. If you are interested in what's new, please check out our blog posting:

http://www.yavdr.org/blog/permalink/52/

Thanks!

Regards,
hepi
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux
Hepi,
Is it possible to install yaVDR on a running headless ubuntu server 10.04 to have the yaVDR web panel and VDR? And if yes, how?

Thanks,
John
Johnnygo Wrote:Hepi,
Is it possible to install yaVDR on a running headless ubuntu server 10.04 to have the yaVDR web panel and VDR? And if yes, how?
Hi Johnny,
I guess that it is not really easy to do that and it will most certainly mess up your system quite a lot to install our "root" package yavdr-essential. But the question is how many features of our web configuration frontend you really need on your headless server. And vdr-plugin-live is independet from our web frontend and can be installed independently from yaVDR.

I'd suggest to install the VDR core package and the necessary VDR plugins from our PPAs. But leave away all the packages starting with yavdr*.

But our new release yaVDR 0.4 is based on Ubuntu 11.04. Our VDR packages for Lucid are not being updated as regular any more as for 11.04.

Cheers,
hepi
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux
hepi Wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to point out that yaVDR 0.4 has been released. yaVDR is an attempt to integrate PVR enabled XBMC with VDR on top of Ubuntu. If you are interested in what's new, please check out our blog posting:

http://www.yavdr.org/blog/permalink/52/

Thanks!

Regards,
hepi

I installed this last night on my old mythtv backend hardware. What I plan on doing is using your distro as a server backend, and then point some XBMC-pvr clients at this vdr backend.

After install, I don't know how, but vdr magically started adding freesat TV channels which I could see in the web interface. So from that perspective I was impressed! Also liked the channelpedia element.. :-)

Cheers.
@davecurtains: In an ideal world there would be a yaVDR server edition and a yaVDR HTPC edition, but yaVDR can be set to a "headless server" mode in the web frontend so that it doesn't expect that an HDMI cable is connected to a VDPAU GPU. In many cases, the headless server setting just does the job that the users expect from it, even if some of the packages yaVDR ships (XBMC, Firefox, etc.) remain unused on a headless server.

Once you add one channel of your sat position to VDR, VDR itself scans for new channels and will find most of them automatically. They will be automatically added to your channel list (you can configure that differently via the OSD). This is a nice feature of VDR itself and is independent from Channelpedia and we being the "distributors" don't claim credit for that feature. ;-)

Channelpedia targets the problem that beginners are overwhelmed with a high number of unsorted channels and they have to browse through all those entries to find their 20 favorite channels.

Cheers,
hepi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FYI: yaVDR 0.4 is available0