Help Needed: iPlayer via proxy
Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble streaming BBC iPlayer via xbmc live. When I select a stream I either get an "Playback failed" message or it loads fine and streams for a few minutes before stopping suddenly and going back to the home screen.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but im accessing iPlayer from Australia via a UK proxy.

Hope you can help, im pulling my hair out

Log File:

http://www.filedropper.com/xbmc
Try unblock-us.com

This works fine for me from Spain, I can watch most UK and American content without having to change any settings.

You can try it free for one month, it doesn't slow you speed down at all, way better than any proxy.
Thanks for the input Duquesa.

I gave that a go but im having the same issue. I don't think the proxy is the issue. The proxy im using is through our London office and is not a public proxy.

Loading up for a few minutes then crashing

Any ideas guys?
drlowthi Wrote:Thanks for the input Duquesa.

I gave that a go but im having the same issue. I don't think the proxy is the issue. The proxy im using is through our London office and is not a public proxy.

Loading up for a few minutes then crashing

Any ideas guys?

This should obviously have been done by you already, but it must be asked. Using the proxy can you watch videos from the website in a browser without issue? If streaming suddenly stops from the website then obviously it's an issue with your proxy. If it works fine then it must be something else causing the issue, either your XBMC build or some other strange bug.
Yea there is no problems watching via a computer. Regularly watch iPlayer on a laptop with no issues.

Would be much better if I can get it on the TV tho.

Thanks
here's the log:

**log removed** use pastebin site
Quote:If streaming suddenly stops from the website then obviously it's an issue with your proxy

That does not follow. Only the HTTP requests go via the proxy. I believe that the RTMP is streamed direct from the chosen CDN server.

David
Duquesa Wrote:Try unblock-us.com

This works fine for me from Spain, I can watch most UK and American content without having to change any settings.

You can try it free for one month, it doesn't slow you speed down at all, way better than any proxy.

I find that almost all live streams won't play ... archived stuff plays okay.

iPlayer live streams and tvcatchup won't play.

Baffled by this issue.

Which OS, which XBMC are you using?
XBMC Live 10.1

I really dont think it has anything to do with the proxy either. I keep seeing this pop up in the log

11:02:21 T:2868767600 M:891535360 ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 66002
11:02:29 T:2790792048 M:891576320 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
There is an iplayer thread already on this forum, if you had posted there I might have noticed Smile

the proxy stuff is only for the meta data. the librtmp in xbmc will not use the proxy settings, and so if the cdn is geolocked it will not work. a solution would be to use a vpn.

you could also try limelight in the settings, as I think akamai may well be geolocked (not only for livestreams but others too).
@castalla. TVCatchup's streams won't work through a VPN or Proxy due to the GeoBlocking software that is used. Sorry Sad
shhhh ... they do via a vpn but not via unblock-us

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Needed: iPlayer via proxy0