App store
Well I think the title says it out all, how about a a big 'app / skinn / plugin' kind of store.

Let's face it, the current addon function is a bit hidden away under the settings menu. How about move it more to the front GUI and just have 1 store. I know you can add your own repositories, but why not have just 1 big kind of store/market where you can browse the addons, instead of adding them individual through their own repository.
RavenNL Wrote:Well I think the title says it out all, how about a a big 'app / skinn / plugin' kind of store.

Let's face it, the current addon function is a bit hidden away under the settings menu. How about move it more to the front GUI and just have 1 store. I know you can add your own repositories, but why not have just 1 big kind of store/market where you can browse the addons, instead of adding them individual through their own repository.

Some skins do provide the add-on through the main menu.
Once you've installed several repo's the option "get add-ons-> all add-ons" becomes available so you have all repo's combined.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Some skins do provide the add-on through the main menu.
Once you've installed several repo's the option "get add-ons-> all add-ons" becomes available so you have all repo's combined.

Yes I know, hence the part about the repo system. Why not just 1 big addon section, now you have to add them yourself.
Because Team-XBMC has decided that only add-ons that pass certain requirements should be allowed on the main repo: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off...Guidelines
Second thing is that there are repo's that are meant for certain languages/countries and this way you can chose yourself which one to to add. Other thing is checking for updates would take much longer when there are a lot of add-ons.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Furthermore XBMC can't force any skin to actually display the "Addons" section on the home screen. So you should probably go look for a skin that provides the "Addons" section on the homescreen (e.g. Aeon Nox) to get the functionality you want.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
More than one repro is needed otherwize legal problems related to distribution could arise..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
App store0