[Apple TV2] ATV2 W7 sharing problem
I am new to this forum. Forgive me if I ask stupid questions that all of you know the answer to. It was hard enough for me to install xbmc on the atv2, and i thank all of you who posted instructions. I can't believe it actually works! My ATV2 can now find all the movies on windows home server (HP EX-470) automatically without a problem but if i try to add a directory from my W7 PC it asks for a user name and password. The homegroup username and pw don't work. I have searched the forums and tried all the recommended fixes re sharing, etc, but nothing works. I must be missing something very simple. Can someone please explain this to me like I'm a 5 year old? Why does XBMC like my server, but not my computer.
I'm having the same problem. Anyone know what to do?
I'd ask in the Apple forum http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=137

There are some issues with file sharing in Win7, but I don't known whether this is still an issue in the current ATV builds. If you can connect to your server but not the Win7 PC that suggests the Windows file sharing is the problem.

JR
The problem sounds like on the Windows sharing side. You'll probably get the same request for user/pass on any install of XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV2] ATV2 W7 sharing problem0